Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Monday, April 21, 2014

Del Thomas...Wonderful Woman, Quilt Maker and Collector

UPDATED...SEE BELOW
 Del Thomas was the Collector in Residence the week I was at Asilomar this past March.  She is a lovely lady, a quilter and a prolific quilt collector.  I admire her for supporting quilt artists and showing their beautiful quilts. 

There was an amazing quilt show of some of the quilts Del owns and I did my best to take a picture of every single one.  I hope the notes I took during her lecture were accurate, if not, I'll come back and correct the names of the artists who made the quilts.

UPDATE: THERE WERE SOME ERRORS...THEY HAVE BEEN CORRECTED...THANKS TO DEL THOMAS ....I SO APPRECIATE THE CORRECTIONS!!!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free picture slideshow created with Smilebox
Kelly

7 comments:

  1. Kelly, thank you so much for this slideshow of the quilts collected by Del Thomas. What a lot of work you have done for our enjoyment! I particularly enjoyed seeing how many of Ruth McDowell's quilts she has collected, having been to several retreats where Ruth taught. And the closeups you showed of David Taylor's piece illustrate just how meticulous (finicky?) his quilting is. A wonderful introduction to many quilters with whom I'd not been familiar -- some really amazing work. I envy you your time at Asilomar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Kelly capturing the beauty of the amazing quilts collected by Del Thomas. So many talented quilters and mixed media artists represented in this collection. Your photographs did a great job capturing their beauty and detail of these works of art. Thanks for sharing.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! Great inspiration.... for an early morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts.....thanks for showing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I bet seeing those in person was inspiring. There were several I went "oooh and ahhh" over out loud. I love the mix of styles she collects. I recognize one name from the collection that I think one of my guild members is going to spend some time with. Cool!

    Thanks so much for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful slide show; saw it referenced on fb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was there the same week as you! Whose class were you in????

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...