Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Attic Window by Cheryl Phillips

I saw Chery Phillips from Phillips Fiber Arts demonstrating her Attic Windows Ruler  on You tube and I was impressed.



I have never made an Attic Windows Quilt block so I don't have an appreciation for joining Y seams.

This got me thinking about the triangle dies I have and wondering if the dies I have could be used to make this block as well.  Stay tuned and I'll let you know how it goes.

Smiles,
Kelly

9 comments:


  1. I've made an attic window quilt - a CA King size, no less, and I used the half-square-triangle-in-the-corner trick. It turned out pretty amazing, but that was probably due to the 48 embroidered squares (windows) more than the illusion of framing. Wish I'd had this puppy back then, it really would have made those windows POP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not made one of these but thanks for perking my interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I have a die that might work for that block too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made one many many years ago... the old fashioned way... by hand!!!! So it was smallish... maybe 9 or 12 blocks. Wonder what I did with that quilt... I don't have it any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a cool technique. I may have to play with that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Attic Windows design is really a fun one to make. And, an easy way to learn y-seams and to build skills to apply it ti mitred borders. But this ruler and technique looks so fast and fun, I want to try it too. Thanks for sharing.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a pretty cool technique.
    I have seen the Yseam elminated by using a 1/2 square triangle in the corner of the window frame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting technique. I have made attic windows usind a hst in the corner. (is that cheating? )no Y seam.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...