Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Monday, February 16, 2015

Presidents Day

Presidents....an interesting group of men (so far) don't you think? 
 Forty-four men willing to be criticized beyond imagination and give up most everything personal (including their physical life)  to provide service to others.   Certainly not a job I would ever want nor want for my family members (not that any of us are qualified candidates....well maybe my younger brother because he is a lawyer....scares me to think of my younger brother as the President....forget I ever said a word about it!).

Sure they no longer have to drive car, mow the lawn or shovel the walk AND they have their meals prepared by a real chef....they have  amazing people to their house for a visit (the amazing people actually show up too!!!).  I bet President Obama can dial Oprah from his own cell phone and for that matter get anyone to answer his calls.  He gets to travel more than First Class on all his trips and take his family along without having to worry if he has enough money in his checking/savings account. 

My two cents on the subject....I thank God for anyone who is willing and able to do the job of President of our country.  I don't care what privilege they have or will ever have....the responsibilities and decisions they are asked to make goes far beyond what my soul wants to carry in this lifetime. 

At the end of my life....I won't have on my heart that some of the decisions I had to make killed other humans (at least that I'm aware of...yikes...I pray not) and caused unimaginable suffering to others....in an effort to uphold freedom and democracy.

A good funny to end with here.....
The night my mother died, her four children were holding her....one at each hand/arm and one at each leg/foot.  The four of us  moved her to the gurney that would used to take her to the mortuary.   The four of us approached the front door and my younger brother said, "Wait."    Puzzled...I asked what are we waiting for....his reply...."Marine One to land on the tennis court across the street.  I think President Obama will want to say good bye to his greatest fan."   Perhaps my younger brother does have what it takes to be a President....but I doubt he would want to age so quickly!

Big Smiles,
Kelly


4 comments:

  1. True public servants. Every President has had their cross to bear, and it does seem to be one of great responsibility. I certainly cannot imagine the weight of the decisions they have had to make through our country's history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That job's enough to make one's hair fall out! funny brother btw..

    ReplyDelete
  3. a good reason to pray for them, and for our country, to be sure. and thank God, no matter who you are, or the {poor} decisions -- anyone, president or not, we don't have to carry those burdens to our grave... no matter the graveness of them ALL. Nice story, Kelly. XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...