Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Friday, May 25, 2018

Distractions

Do you find yourself starting a project and then you find yourself… doing something related or along the way… and that leads to another and another, and another… and pretty soon several hours have passed and you have not yet finished the first task?

I have finally finished or disentangled myself from several large projects and obligations. Yesterday and today were almost totally ready for my own stuff. But as I mentioned above… not so fast.

gdpr

Today I had planned to put up a blog post, but you know what today is? May 25th, the deadline for the GDPR to take effect. While I know what it was and that for anyone reading from the EU would need to be notified about any data collection done on the blog and the store and what you do with it. Truth is I don’t collect anything. I can hardly keep track of me and my stuff I don’t need the added responsibility of someone elses stuff too.

This all started after reading a post written by Darlene of QuiltShopGal about the GDPR and Privacy and why we should care. That sent me on the chase down rabbit holes to define and create the I Have A Notions GDPR and Privacy Policy update. The short version is posted at the top of all the blog pages and there is a slightly longer version on the Dedicated Policy page, and there is an even longer all inclusive one at the store, which will also have some new verbiage soon (the other end of the rabbit hole).

We should all be concerned with where our information is and how it is being used by sites we visit, especially with the inability to control cookies, all the website data breaches/thefts and the demise of “Net Neutrality” (if you feel inclined let your legislators know that we want Net Neutrality back, but that is another rabbit hole.

So… while I had visions of getting things accomplished today… it took just about all day to get here!

What did you do today? Do you care about Privacy Policies, GDPR or Net Neutrality?

Sound off in the comments.

More Later- Beth

2 comments:

  1. I generally read blogs, newsletters and the lie because I like the content. I find that I learn the ways of the person who posts these informative and entertaining bits and I either learn that they can be trusted or not. 99% of the time, I learn that they are trustworthy, so I am not so worried about GDPR. I love what you all do and would hate to give any of my online friends up...so onward and upward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia!!! Thanks for the vote of confidence. I don't think the little guy ... is the one we have to worry about.. but I am glad that the EU is giving their citizens back to the right to own their data... and keep it. Here the companies think they should be able to gather our data and sell it as a demo graphic. I usually skew the data... if I can by changing my age, income, sex... etc... from the truth. Not sure it makes a difference...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...