I hope all of you had fun and learned as much as I did, if not more, from the IHAN® Embroidery Blog Hop sponsored by Anita Goodesign. One of the repetitive comments that I heard from all the participants of this blog hop was, how pleased they were with the well written instructions that are included in the Anita Goodesign collections. The illustrations made it possible for me to make this angel without any troubles at all. If you want excellence in your embroidery designs, I highly recommend the designs offered by Anita Goodesigns available at IHAN® .
There were so many highlights to this blog hop. I'll start at the beginning, just in case you missed some of them.
1. SewCalGal gave lots of excellent ME (machine embroidery) tips on day 1. She has so much more experience than I do and I always learn things from her. On day 5, SewCalGal offered more tips on using desgins and showed us the beautiful kitchen towels she made using Rachel's Recipes.
2. I also had a big "ah ha" moment when I saw Sew Cindy's post. She is doing the string piecing with left over fabrics and then adding some ME designs. The Coffee design collection is perfect for making mug rugs (I secretly want to have those coffee mugs on the outside of a pair of mittens too...lol) I really like her idea for a fast gift that isn't too expensive. She also pointed out how she uses her "hera marker" and I have one but don't use it nearly as often as I could...so thanks Sew Cindy for the reminder :)
3. All Things Crafty blog went all out explaining how she made quilt labels with her Anita Goodesign Quilt Label Designs. Definitely an excellent tutorial! There is no excuse for not labeling anything now! LOL :)
4. Marjorie gave me re-newed hope that I too would one day own a finished Baltimore Album Quilt. I am in love with her quilt and want one for myself. Marjorie is a digitizer and has a great deal of experience so I also recommend you checking out her designs HERE.
5. Margaret, the not so average quilter, just blew my socks off with the Anita Goodesign Roosters. Not only was I absolutely in love with the dish towels she had made, but I was bowled over by the wall hanging she made. How can she call her blog, "The Average Quilter"....I just don't get that at all. I vote we but a circle with a line through it over the word "Average" in her blog title..
6. Cheeky Cognoscenti gave a most informative review of the software and went out of her way to make sure everyone could understand what she was doing. EXCELLENT JOB! I have to say, I began to look at my curtains in a whole new light after seeing her tutorial on using Fantasy Birds as valances (see above)
7. Naturally Gene Black an Alabama Artist and Quilter, gave another wonderful review and included tips I would have never thought of....I guess it is his artistic brain that offers such flexibility and interesting ideas. Gene used Asian Quilt design to make a beautiful wall hanging for his cubicle at work.
And without any further ado....the winner from the IHAN® blog is:
Please send me an e-mail with your full name, address and phone number along with the Special Edition Design Collection you would like from Anita Goodesign.
Another huge THANK YOU to Anita Goodesign for sponsoring this Machine Embroidery Blog Hop!
AND Then there was the $25.00 Gift Certificate to IHAN® for those who shared the news about the blog hop.
Congratulations Quiltin Cntrygrl!!!
Please send me your e-mail address and I'll send you a $25.00 Gift Certificate to one of the most fun websites on the internet today.....I Have A Notion® (Guess I'm feeling a little high from lack of sleep.)