Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Dear Jane...I mean Dear Mary Jane

This is a photo from the Dear Jane quilt my girlfriend, Mary Jane is making. She sends me pix of her projects and I do the same....it helps us feel like I can just drop by....even though I'm 8 hours away....booo hoooo.

I think choosing just one fabric for the designs really makes the designs pop. Besides...Red is one of my favorite colors....Green is up there too.


This is what MJ has to say, "Our guild has a Dear Jane group that I joined but making a whole quilt is overwhelming to me when I have so many other ideas in my head or UFOS that I want to finish. This is as many as I am going to make and finish it into a wall hanging. I enjoyed the experience of being with other women having the same interest and hand piecing but sewed the blocks together by machine. On to the hand quilting which I love the most."

Notice she loves the hand quilting the best? Now you know why she took the first place ribbon at the recent Needle Arts Guild of Toledo Exhibit.....she is EXCELLENT at hand quilting....every stitch is so tiny and perfectly spaced....I love her work. She taught me needle turn applique and my first project got a 3rd place ribbon at the same show....not bad ay?

Smiles,
Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Not bad at all! I've been working on a Dear Jane for over a year now and I'm hand piecing it. But, I went into the project knowing this was long term and I pick it up when the "hand piecing" bug bites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me more about Dear Jane. What is it and how does one get involved?

    ReplyDelete
  3. After seeing my Dear Jane on the computer I would have not set it with the red cornerstones. I think it makes it so busy and does not define the blocks.
    I should have auditioned it on my design wall with the camera before sewing it all together.
    Too late now,onward we go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, MJE, but that makes your quilt unique. I think it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...