Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Putting My Fishing Pole Down

But just for a second.   There is so much material for blog posts but I promised myself I would take a much needed break and visit with my quilting girlfriends here in PA. 

The Mountain Laurel Quilt Guild (I am a member) has volunteered to make place mats for the Meals On Wheels Program.  Before our meeting on Monday night Mary Jane and I whipped up these place mats.  Nothing fancy...just functional.

These are Debbie Mum panels that were once calendars.  Who needs a cloth calendar from 2000?
 
 
This place mat was made from left over blocks Mary Jane had left over from a quilt.  I disassembled them and sewed the blocks together and put the border on them.  I think it is cool to use up blocks like these.  Notice they were not my blocks...I don't have many left over blocks....I make just enough for my quilts....I'm too lazy to make extra blocks.

I hope all is well with you....I'll be in PA until Monday.  If I get time I'll check back in before then.

Smiles,
Kelly

17 comments:

  1. I am glad you are enjoying your trip and placements for the meals program is a wonderful gift idea.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...where are you in PA? Well, it looks like you are enjoying your trip!

    hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the place mats! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree...I don't make "extra blocks" when I make a quilt.

    Hope the "fishin" is good. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't thank you, MJ, and all of the guild members enough! I brought home 38 placemats Monday night which put us well over our goal for the project! Woohoo!

    Enjoy the rest of your fishing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waht a wonderful project....I will have to keep this one in mind...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this beautiful gift that you are making. Certainly an area I had not heard of and to think how much you will brighten up someone's day with your placemat. Judy C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kelly! Glad you are having a great visit! Are you going to be back in Ohio in time for us to see your Zentangle quilt on Tuesday night (which I KNOW you finished...ha)???

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a generous and awesome project that I would think would be joyously appreciated by the recipients. The only way I end up with extra blocks is if I decide it's a reject for use after it's made...otherwise, I only make just enough...I gotta move on to the next quilt on the ever lengthening to-do list. Continue with the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see you are having a "restful" time? Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you're having a great fishin' trip.

    Love your placemats and think that's a great idea for M.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As usual, still thinking of others!! What a terrific upcycle/recycle project - wouldn't that be great to get FFA or 4H kids involved in that? Everybody's a winner!

    Hope you're having lots of fun and taking lots of pics - you know how we love to hang out with y'all!!!

    I've only once had extra blocks and that's because I can't do math! I love what you did with 'em tho!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great project. These placemats will surely bring big smiles to many. I look forward to hearing more about your retreat. Have fun!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun project to do! I know that they'll appreciate them. I'm glad that you are having fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our guild has made holiday ones for Meals on Wheels for 2 years, but doing them at other times is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...