Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Checker Distributor 56th Annual Open House - Last Chapter

Naturally there was a great booth of Creative Grids Rulers....after all, Creative Grids (my all time favorite rulers of all time) is distributed by Checker Distributors. 
Rita Fishel is a designer for Creative Grids Rulers and she spent the day demonstrating how several of the new rulers work. Did you know that Creative Grids rulers are made in the USA and their website has videos of how to use every ruler they make?  I  save all the instructions that come with my rulers but if you loose one, you can always check their website to refresh your memory!  If you have a smart phone, the rulers also have a QR Code (the white box looking graphic) that you can scan to see the instructions via your smart phone.
Susan O'Very from Sealed With A Stitch had some really fun Machine Embroidery designs to show us.
The Key Covers (includes 22 designs) were the first to grab my attention.  My sister has no less than 5 keys associated with her new condo and she definitely needs some of these fun key ...not funky...but fun key covers to help her quickly identify the right key.
The Enchanted Notions designs made for a fun quilt as well as fun ideas for decorating your sewing space. 

Enchanted London....now where were these designs when I was making the quilt for my daughter and son in law? 
I could have had an absolute ball with these designs and the label would have been much cooler too.

 The gals from Violette Field Threads just may have been the prettiest two gals in the place (except for Waldo and I of course...giggles). Their line of children's clothing patterns are some of the nicest I've seen in a while.  If you have young children in your family you will most definitely want to check out their website HERE. 
Can you see the most precious little girl going to her first day of pre-school wearing this delightful outfit?  I can....come on grand children (fingers crossed).
Waldo has a 5 year old grand daughter who would be precious in this fun skirt.  I can just see her now...twirling in circles.
Lisa Archer of Pickle Pie Designs had lots of new designs on display.  The Kitchen is Closed designs are so much fun. 
 There are 20 designs and you know I can come up with a zillion more reasons to close the kitchen!  The little aprons have a pocket in them and I think there needs one that says, Tipping the Cook is Expected!

The following are samples that I saw hanging at Checker Distributor and they grabbed my attention:

 I took a double take when I saw this table runner featured in Fast & Furious Home.
 Isn't this so neat?  Now that is a fun take making a table runner!
Twas The Night is a very fun Christmas Quilt.
This beautiful quilt from is in Penny Haren's new book, Quilt Block Fusion.

The Checker Open House was excellent again this year.  They really went out of their way to make sure everyone was comfortable, had plenty to drink and well educated about the latest and greatest in the world of sewing and quilting.  I was particularly impressed with the shuttle provided to take us back to our cars.  My sincere appreciation goes out to all the great people at Checker Distributor and to Rob Krieger....THANK YOU for another great Open House.

Smiles,
Kelly

8 comments:

  1. What fun!!!! Thanks for the awesomeness of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that pic of Rita Fishel of Creative Grids was YOU at first!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ... how fun. That provided for some great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. I am sure that you and Waldo had lots of fun. I had fun just looking at all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice open house with so many inspiring ideas. Looks like loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had fun next time you have to take me I would totally love to see .going to quilt market is on my bucket list but I don't think I will ever make it. How you doing Sweetie? Big. Gigantic Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking the time to share all these fun new things. I need to find,that adorable skirt pattern...my 5 yr old granddaughter will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...