Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Monday, August 19, 2013

Checker Distributor 56th Annual Open House - Part 1

August means Checker Distributor Open House and this year is as wonderful as the previous years.  This year I have had the great fortune of meeting one of my favorite applique artists, Karen Kay Buckley.

 Karen's DVD, Hand and Machine Applique the Karen Kay Buckley Way, is how I became acquainted with Karen.  She does an EXCELLENT job of teaching both hand and machine applique.  I wanted to be in her living room with her after watching the DVD....ever have that happen? 
Fiesta Mexico is Karen's latest pattern and she took Best Of Show in Paducah this year.  She shared the award with quilter,  Renae Haddadin,  How exciting for both of them and for me because I now have this pattern and you know I have tons of bright fabrics to make this beautiful quilt.
"Alive with Joy" would be my title for this quilt....but they didn't ask me before going to press....imagine that....giggles.
"Centered Beauty"....again...no one asks and I'm guessing they don't care...but I continue to self entertain.

Several other familiar faces are at Checker's Open House too.  I'm sure you'll recognize these folks:

 Elena Gregotti and Alex Veronelli (below) ....when you see them you know you are going to have an Aurifil Threads experience!  I know I didn't hear anyone ask what is an Aurifil Thread experience did I? 
 The Aurifil Thread experience can be seen in the movie, When Harry Met Sally....you know...the restaurant scene!!!!
You'd have to watch that video over and over again to have the "multiple experience" when you see Aurifil's new collection....look at the beautiful drawers full of that luscious Aurifil Thread....drool bucket please.

Rob Krieger, owner of Checker Distributors had a wonderful surprise yesterday and I was lucky enough to be within camera shot of his fun experience. 
 Marilyn Wise from Pieces & Patches in Lexington SC gave Rob this beautiful wall hanging made up of several Checker T-Shirts.  What a wonderful idea!
Marilyn said that Rob had done so much for her that she wanted to show her appreciation....what a lovely way to say thank you Marilyn :)

Much more coming soon....I've got to get my co-workers back to "work."

Smiles,
Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Oh, OH! Oh OOOOOOHHH....Aurifil. heheheee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh....love the quilts...and threads.....eye candy overload!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the privilege of taking a class with Karen Kay. I learned so much from her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I freaking LOVE KKB's perfect scissors!!!!Those are one of the best quilting products evah! And the thread... My eyes just rolled into the back of my head and my toes curled.

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...