Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Saturday, March 3, 2018

On Duty!

A little side business this past week.

On Wednesday…. I had a FB Chat message…almost didn’t read it…. but really glad I did.

My sister… lives far away in Nebraska and was just up the road in Indiana last week for the birth of a grandchild. I drove up the following day to visit with sister, niece and great niece for a few hours. All was well. Sister flew back home, niece and baby went home.

Wednesday morning Chat Message from sister- C is back in the hospital, a lot of pain. She can’t be alone with the baby in the room. Can I go?

It is 5:30 am… and I haven’t had coffee. Message back coffee and a shower and I’ll be on my way. Dressed and packed some clothes for a few days… collected electronic backup/charging stuff and was in the hospital by 9:30 am.

So what did I mostly do?

This:

Baby-N

Such hard work for me!!! however by doing this… mom got to rest, really rest and recover and go home yesterday from the hospital yesterday. The Grampa flew in from Missouri…. as I was leaving. But I think I will plan a little trip up… in a couple of weeks just to check in!

Needless to say….not too much else got done!!! Another left turn, but a fairly pleasant one, since everything turned out well in the end.

Do you have detours that while not in the plan are so rewarding and well worth the change of direction?

Stay tuned! More Later! Beth

4 comments:

  1. Yes, big left turn! 4 days with great granddaughters while their mother had a baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'd say so!!!! you will need to nap for a week! I hope you enjoyed every moment.

      Beth

      Delete
  2. What a cutie! We had to extend our Alaska visit by a week, so that we'd be here for the birth of our first grandbaby. They finally come home from the hospital later today. We fly home early on Tuesday. Hopefully we'll get more 'baby' time while they are at home, than we got at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you know babies, they have their own time schedule. I'm sure you will get some time... but with you leaving ... it won't feel like enough!!!

    Travel safely!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...