Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wonky Wonky Wonky

I think I'm suffering from a mysterious condition. I'm not quite focused or sharp the last few days. Perhaps I should not have sat down at the sewing machine in this condition. But I did.

My goal was to make a MP3 Player holder for my Sister's birthday gift. I'm using a tutorial from Rebecca at Sew, Mamma, Sew . Now, please don't hold Rebecca nor her directions responsible for what I have done.

XQXGXRXZZZ I just realized I uploaded the pictures backwards...I'll be right back after I change those pictures to the correct order. See....I'm not all here....Mindy and Mork have stolen my brain.

I'm back from Ork....pictures were deleted and re-done. Am I the only one that is floating in outer space? I don't ever recall being so dis-con-bob-ulated.

So...picture one you will see that I layered the fabric incorrectly and what was to be the lining...is inside out.

Picture 2...you will notice the elastic that I was supposed to sew on the edge so it would be facing outward when it was flipped....is on the inside....

WONKY, WONKY, WONKY

OK....then I started over and chose a different fabric for the lining. Much better results this time (I don't think it had anything to do with changing the fabric....but you never know).

Here it is now....but you might notice....the elastic is a bit long.....

This is the button I made to go with the bag. I did punchneedle and then used a covered button. Well....the button does not work at all with the large loop and I needed to fill in the background. Live and learn.
I'm so glad my Sister will be satisfied knowing I made it. I will find another button....but I really wanted to make a punchneedle button cover....perhaps I'll do another one.....who knows.
Mork and Mindy are doing well if you were wondering. They are talking about building an addition for me to live in once I've completely lost my mind :) If you don't know who Mork and Mindy are.....well....I guess you can Google them!!!
Smiles,
Wonky Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...