Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

AccuQuilt - Spring Quilt Market 2010- New Licensed Dies

Since IHAN is currently hosting an GO! Fabric Cutter  GIVEAWAY for a GO! Fabric Cutter I thought it would be fun to start with AccuQuilt.  I have mixed the photos from Schoolhouse* and Quilt Market for this post.

On the far left you can see a smidgen of a sample of Lady Eleanor's GO! Blazing Star, Lady Alex's GO! Bountiful Baskets, Lady Sharon's GO! Rose of Sharon and Sir Rick's GO! Arabesque #2.


Linda Pumphrey, National Sales Manager, opens  AccuQuilt Schoolhouse Presentation.
Lady Eleanor was her usual funny self during Schoolhouse (stay tuned for more photos).  Here she is introducing her new AccuQuilt Licensed Die GO! Blazing Star
 
There are lots of screens with presentations at Schoolhouse.  Why do I take a photo of the slide-show presentation?  (shrugging shoulders now)  Maybe so you will feel like you were there with me....maybe so I'll remember what I was doing there....in case my mental Rolodex slows down......oh who cares really....just enjoy the pix :)
This is an example of a quilt made using the GO! Blazing Star die. (gently borrowed from AccuQuilt :)


 (this pix was taken during the unveiling of the Rose of Sharon Quilt Challenge by EQ, more on that later)
Sharon Pederson has brought the "Sharon" back to the Rose of Sharon Block"!!!  The new licensed die for the GO! Fabric Cutter makes cutting the Rose of Sharon pattern a zip, just cut and GO!. 



Lady Sharon had to use her GO! Rose of Sharon Die on the GO! Fabric Cutter  to cut over 800 flowers (with fusible on the back).  Look how well her die held up!!!!  The GO! is not supposed to handle mass production....but it looks like it can handle a load of wear and tear and still keep cutting (Timex and AccuQuilt might consider a merger....it keeps a licking and keeps on ticking/cutting? No...ok forget it!)

Lady Sharon and Lady Alex are showing off the winning blocks from the Rose of Sharon Quilt Challenge hosted by The Electric Quilt Company.  We were not allowed to post any photos of these winning blocks before it was officially announced at Quilt Market.  No worries about IHAN posting secret photos....I had no camera cord!!!  LOL.
Sir Ricky Tims introduced his new GO! Fabric Cutter Dies, GO! Arabesque #2  and GO! Arabesque #3.  Some folks overestimate my skills with photo editing.  I know you can paste Sir Rick's eyes from one photo to another....but not this gal.  You get the pix just as I took it....eyes closed.  One benefit of this photo is that if you are in love with Ricky Tims, you can now visualize what he would look like with his eyes closed kissing you.  ROFL :)


Look how beautiful these blocks are!!!  You can use the dies in a number of ways.  You can place your fabric over only partial areas of the die to create your own variation of designs too.  We call that, "TOTB", Thinking Outside The Box!!!  (I'm not sure who we are exactly.....)
These are photos I took at the AccuQuilt booth at Quilt Market.  These show the Studio Die Cutter cutting Sir Ricky's patterns.
This is The Studio Cutter, available only through AccuQuilt.

Since I was running around trying to get photos of the Schoolhouse presentations I missed parts of some of them.  Unfortunately I missed Lady Alex Anderson's portion of the class : ( I'm soooo sorry Lady Alex. I will add the photos of her new Licensed Dies and show you samples of blocks you can make using her new GO! Bountiful Baskets and GO! Quarter Square-4" Finished Triangle
And....this is a sample of a quilt using Alex's GO! Bountiful Baskets Die (gently borrowed from AccuQuilt :)
And this is a quilt made using her GO! Quarter Square-4" Finished Triangle NEW Licensed Die .

I know I am not the Queen of Quilting and don't really have the authority to "donk" anyone with knighthood and ladyhood (?) titles.....but it sure makes the reading so much more fun doesn't it?  Perhaps Queen Elizabeth should come for a visit and bring her "donker."  ROFL

Oh....the "donker" goes by another more formal name, it is called a "Sceptre" too!  I guess I'll never make the Royal Court with my personalized IHAN  nouns and adjectives.

This is my first installment of Spring Quilt Market 2010 in Minneapolis.  I have to take my co-workers to play now.  More soon!!

Donked Smiles,
Kelly

*Schoolhouse is a series of  presentations that are held on Thursday before Quilt Market opens.

16 comments:

  1. oh my good gravy, I want that GO cutter.........refer back often to my entry so you shouldn't forget. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a nut!! I love reading your post and yep, I do feel like I'm in the seat right next to ya!! Thanks for taking the time to share!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I found your blog Kelly...you totally crack me up with what you write :) hehehe I love it and I often wonder who 'we' are at times too :) I laughed when I read the bit about imagining what it is like kissing Ricky...hehehehe oh too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you could pay Sarah to get the Queen to come visit the IHAN team! LOL!

    Great post. Thank you so much for taking such great photos and sharing insights on AccuQuilt. I now forgive you for not sharing insights "during" Quilt Market!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful information about the Go! It must be an amazing cutting tool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gotta figure out how to use the ones I have... But a few of those caught my eye...

    ReplyDelete
  7. uh........I'm thinking that if Sir. Ricky were kissing ME, he'd for sure need to have his eyes closed.....if you know what I mean. hahahahaha

    I'm looking forward to another month of your market pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love being able to cut out shapes, as well as regular blocks. Yesterday my son played a dumb prank on me and made my arm worse, ugh. The good thing is, the pool is warm enough today and I was able to do some swimming, so hope that will help.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am amazed and astounded at the amount this cutter can be used. Thanks for the witty insight ;-)
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great write-up! Great sense of humor! Thanks for putting a smile on my face. :)

    Jeanie
    www.KalCollections.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, Princess Kelly, I think you all had a great time, so many GRrrreat ideas and I wish I could have went with you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You just get me all excited about getting my "Go"...can't wait...and I know I want to buy all these dies....can't wait.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those blocks are GORGEOUS! I'm inspired! And laughing along the way! HEHE! We actually use the word DONKER in our house sometimes. That really cracked me up! I'd love a GO! for sure!!! I'll check out the giveaway page!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the rose of sharon quilt blocks - and love the Accuquilt products too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have the Go Cutter and love it. The new selection with Eleanor and Ricky will be purchases VERY soon. Love them both. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing. Carole

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL that was a great post! I am drooling over the new Blazing Star die, yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...