Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Going Fishin' at the VDTA in Las Vegas


 This is my first time going to VDTA/SDTA (Vacuum and Sewing Trade Association) convention.  I bet you are wondering why on earth I'd be going to a Vacuum and Sewing Machine Trade Association convention right?  I'm going for a few reasons.

The first reason is to get more training on my Floriani Total Control Machine Embroidery Software.  I really want to master this software so I can be able to teach others how to use it.  There will be training classes at the convention.  Floriani is rolling out their "My Decorative Quilter" Software and you know I want to be one of the first to learn all about this software.
 I can hardly wait to learn about Floriani's My Decorative Quilter Software.  I'm told it will enable us to:
Do Crazy Quilting, Echo Quilting, Trapunto, Stippling and Micro-Stippling, Applique: Create a design or open an existing design to embellish

We will be able to use scanned fabrics or add our own and upload images to trace around and add a quilting design.  We'll have up to 50 fonts plus endless borders and embellishments to create custom quilts and quilt labels

"My Decorative Quilter will bring out the creative artist in every quilter.  Over 2200 quilt blocks can be embellished with fonts, stipple, echo, trapunto or decor stitches with accuracy, speed and creativity" according to the Floriani Website.

I'm also hoping to see Floriani's brand new cotton quilting threads. So many new things to investigate!

The second reason I'm going is to meet with the folks from Anita Goodesigns and learn about their new  Quilting Essentials Software. 

For those of us with Embroidery Machines, being able to quilt our own quilts is a fun and new addition to quilting.  I should say it is new to me anyway.

I hear the weather in Vegas is 55 degrees....that sure beats the snow that is expected in Ohio tonight.

I'll keep you posted about what I learn during the trip.

Smiles,
Kelly

4 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to your report. Honestly that was one reason I wanted a machine with a big hoop. Learn as much as possible so you can share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful opportunity to learn and build on your skills. I hope you have fun and learn loads...and look forward to hearing insights on your experience. Just don't get up and volunteer for a cabaret show dancer/entertainer.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all are going to have fun learning new stuff! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green. that's all I've gotta say. that, and HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...