Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My Decorative Quilter- Are You Ready For This?

 "Schazam!"....just like Gomer Pyle would say was my response to the My Decorative Quilter software that is new from Floriani.  I just got back from Las Vegas where the VDTA/SDTA is still going on and I went to learn about Floriani Software and Anita Goodesign's new products.  More about Anita Goodesigns coming soon.

 Because I attended the VDTA/SDTA I was one of the first to have a copy of My Decorative Quilter and I was able to see many of the cool things this software can do.

DISCLAIMER: For all of you that don't have embroidery machines.....I'm sorry and please feel free to blame me for making you want one!

Just look at these beautiful blocks all done on an embroidery machine:




I know what all of you/us quilters are thinking right now....well...those are nice designs but they are all on non-pieced fabrics.  How can I use My Decorative Quilter to fit my blocks and quilt tops (was I right?).

My Decorative Quilter can quilt pieced quilts and whole cloth quilts.  The features in the software actually make it possible to quilt each block, portion of a block and  applique design any way you choose.
I realize these are not the best examples of what I'm trying to communicate but I was not able to take pix of all of the samples that were in Vegas this weekend.  Essentially, you can select any portion of a block and choose the type of design you want in that block.   The choice is yours and the options are truly mind blowing.

Do you like to Crazy Quilt?  No problem!  Are you in love with feathers and your free motion quilting isn't as good as you'd like?  No problem!  Do you like to make your own quilt patterns?  No problem!  Do you love Applique?  No problem!

I have to say I am excited to use My Decorative Quilter now I'm home.  All of you who know me know I'm a hands on learner and a visual person....I've got to see it done or do it to really be able to learn software or any new technique.  

Check this out:

This is a copy and paste of exactly what the help screen looks like in My Decorative Quilter Software.  YES...a Video Library!  Hooray for those of us who are visual learners :)  The instructions are explicit which makes it easy to operate the software. 

Oh, and did I mention you can upload line drawings to make your own artwork?  How fun would it be to upload your children's art work and turn it into a quilt design?  YEP....you can do it with My Decorative Quilter :)  There are so many more features I have not even told you about yet....but if you keep reading you'll see there is an opportunity to learn all about My Decorative Quilter in a webinar.

Floriani has out done themselves with My Decorative Quilter.  They have leveled the playing field for those of us who's quilting has been limited to stitch in the ditch or speaking for myself now, my FMQ skills would not allow me to complete a quilt and feel good about it's appearance....until now. 

 My Decorative Quilter isn't available for purchase from any Floriani dealer until March 1st.  But those of us who attended the VDTA/SDTA, we will have 10 copies auto shipped to us and we'll receive them by  Feb. 21st.  That means if you want to be one of the first to own My Decorative Quilter, you can Pre-Order now at IHAN and I'll ship the software the same day it arrives here (unless it arrives after the post office closes...then it will be the very next morning). 

If your interest is peaked but you want to learn more....Floriani has added more Webinars that are open to anyone who is interested in learning more.  Make sure you have signed up for the IHAN newsletter (click the image on the upper right of this blog to sign up for the IHAN Newsletter)  so you'll receive your IHAN invitation to attend an My Decorative Quilter Webinar.

Big Fun Smiles,
Kelly


9 comments:

  1. Wow these are beeeeeautiful!!!!
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I like that multicolor block. That is so cool to see where the embroidery programs are headed. Yesiree... machine quilting is getting easier by the minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute post. Sounds like you are now you have achieved the "digitizer" status. While doing machine embroidery is fun, being able to digitize your own designs and/or combine designs is even more fun. Love seeing all your samples for how machine embroidery can beautifully quilt a quilt. Looking forward to seeing what you create with this software.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you share the system requirements for this software? THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Software/System Requirements

      Minimum System Requirements

      • Windows XP Home/

      • P3 300Mhz Processor

      • 300 MB hard drive

      • 128MB RAM

      • DVD-ROM Drive

      • 800 x 600 display

      • Mouse

      • Internet Access


      Recommended System Requirements

      • Windows 7

      • P4 300Mhz Processor

      • 320 GB hard drive

      • 4 GB RAM

      • DVD-ROM Drive

      • 1024 x 768 display

      • Mouse

      • Internet Access

      Delete
  5. Yep.... It looks great! Have lots of fun...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelley, can I use this program on my Bernina 830? Jeanne Crowell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...