Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Silhouette Applique

One of the blogs I follow and enjoy is Sew Love Sew. Rowena has discovered Silhouette Appliqué and was writing about her experience and how she discovered doing this. Here is what she said:

“I was running out my 'train projects'. So I was searching internet for appliqués and embroidery projects that I thought I could do on the train. I found some animal appliqués that were free to download. I printed them. Then I saw some Sunbonnet Sue projects that I thought quite cute but they're not free. Then, the Sunbonnet Sue pictures reminded me of DD wearing her sunhats. Isn't she the same cute as Sue?
So I printed these photo out and cut her out. I'll have to admit my very limited English vocabulary and culture knowledge. I just learned this 'silhouette' from my co-forumer (thanks AJ!) at my favorite baby forum so I decided to use the correct term for this 'technique'.”



I think these are just great and what a wonderful gift idea for grandparents. Now I have to go through my photos for some inspiration. Thanks Rowena for letting me share you work. I think it is great!!
Kelly



1 comment:

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...