Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Butterflies and Caterpillars Quilt by Ellen Highsmith Silver Oh La La

Metamorphosis

Such a wonderful word to ponder for the New Year.  Growth and transformation abounds in this colorful quilt that Ellen made a few years ago. 


The colors are so vibrant and the theme so beautiful I could not help but e-mail Ellen and ask if I could post a pix of her quilt.  I could just get lost looking into the quilt.

The Butterflies and Caterpillars were all fussy cut and hand appliqued.  She then manipulated the fabrics into wings and caterpillars....isn't that incredible?  I just love it. 
"Embroidery is my first love in the needlework world and I used it here and there for adding details. This whimsical quilt could suggest a whole new and time-consuming way to look at every single fabric design.
Hmmmm, what could this chicken foot or traffic cone or flower bud become if fussy cut? Bird feathers? Fish scales hydrangea blossoms?" 

I was first introduced to Ellen Highsmith Silver when I was working on the Roc-lon Multi Purpose Cloth Challenge last year. She is a very warm and wonderful woman with a great sense of humor. Her book, Floorquilts, will teach you how to use your fabrics...stash and scraps.....and turn them into amazing floor coverings.Speaking of Transformation and Metamorphosis, I'm off to get my Tina Turner hair to look more like Kelly Jackson hair.....POOF




Smiles,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...