Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Friday, January 8, 2010

It's A Wrap



Have any of you made one of these bowls or baskets recently?  I'm in love with this book.  I'd like to see more of what people have made.  If you have done one of these,  will you send me some pix?  I'd love to hear how it went. 

My girlfriend from college, Pam, is here visiting for a week.   It is so nice to have her here and she is such a huge help.  She loves to help make my life easier so she has been folding laundry, helping with the boys in the morning and she has inspired me to finish some Christmas clean up. 

Yesterday we even rented a movie, Julie & Julia.  It was really good and I can't tell you the last time I sat on a sofa and watched a movie in the afternoon.  Oh yea...did I mention the swirly gummies?  Maybe I'll just keep that little secret to myself....I don't want a rush on the market and then the demand will be so great I won't be able to get them.  I think that is what happened with the Tim Tams.  I can't find them anywhere now.  I bet it is all my fault too.  I should keep my secrets better hidden....cuz there seems to be a rush on the Tim Tam market.  I'm thinking their stocks just shot through the roof.  LOL

Swirly Gummy Smiles,
Kelly

7 comments:

  1. I made a lovely basket about 3 yrs,. ago at a workshop, trimmed it with beads , It was beautiful but alas my daughter in law felt she couldn,t live without it . I live in England , our tutor said no clothes line . We had to puchase her blue cord .--cottonreel

    ReplyDelete
  2. you go ahead and make one of those bowls so we can see it, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for those long skinny scraps! Love it!!!!

    P.S. Did The Anderson's not have your beloved Tim-Tams? :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. No have not done this one but way back when(80's) did the rip strips of fabric and wrap the poly cording to make baskets by hand!!
    Have fun with the gal pal...good for the soul and spirit!! Loved that movie...was speaking like Julia for days after.. haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made these bowls and baskets and they are so much fun to do! I've even thought of making one with selvages, but I'm not sure I want to "waste" them on a basket. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the basket, I bought the clothes line, but now to make the baskets. It would make a great scrappy basket. Thanks for sharing the video, I may have to get the book after I finish some UFO's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoops, sorry it's probably my fault that you cannot find Tim Tams, cos I found them in a store and bought quite a few boxes. They were yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...