Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Raise Your E-Notion IQ- Sew Steady Tables


Its Wednesday and the good news is....I know it's Wednesday :)  Time to raise your E-Notion IQ a little bit more. 

I choose to feature Sew Steady Tables today because I found mine to be invaluable this past week.  I'll also include photos from Quilt Market 2011 of the Sew Steady Booth.
Did you see the Featherweight?  Yes, there are Sew Steady Tables for those little beauties :)
I bought the Acrylic Spinning Tray, Polishing Kit and the Sew Straight Guide last year in Houston. 
Here is my "old" sewing machine.  I used it because I don't have a Sew Steady Table for the new one YET.  That will be ordered this week!!

The acrylic table attached to my Bernina is a Sew Steady Table.  The SST extends my sewing bed so my fabrics don't drag over the edge of the small bed and distort my stitches or get make my seams uneven. 
The Acrylic Spinning Tray is great for me because I misplace almost everything I lay my hands on.  I wish I were kidding...but I'm not.  You can see I keep a pair of scissors and my Wonder Clips  (another notion I highly value...they are awesome).

Ok, THE KING SIZE PROJECT....
 I needed to make some very large play cushions/mats and I found this duvet cover I had purchased ($4.00 Goodwill :).  It was brand new in the package and the fabric is nice and heavy.  Perfect to cut in half and make the two giant mats.
This is the stuffing for the mats....can you believe the size of this bag of foam scraps?  The Occupational Therapist (part of the longer story) had this bag in the closet at the clinic and she gave it to me. 

You can see there are lots of scraps and odd shaped pieces of a variety of foams.   I stuffed 1/2 of the bag of foam into the mat I had made from the duvet cover.  Then the tricky part was how was I going to get the edge of the fabric from that ginormous bag under my presser foot?  Mr. McSteamy to the rescue.
 You can see Mr. McSteamy held the ginormous bag while I fit the edge of the fabric under the presser foot.  My Sew Steady Table was perfect to support all the bulk close to my machine.  It would have been a nightmare to attempt without my SST and Mr. McSteamy.
It took both hands to keep the fabric under the needle.

 Now I have two very large play mats and I believe this just may save my sofa and chair cushions when the co-workers decide they need a coffee break and want to rough-house :)

Sew Steady Tables feature:


  • High quality acrylic construction; rounded front edge for comfort
  • Large tables work with tiltables
  • Large, Big and Giant tables come with additional support leg for stability
You can get a Sew Steady Table for your Serger or Sewing Machine in Junior, Large, Big and Giant!   The tables can be used as a light box if you put a light under it :)  Great tip ay?

SST's are custom made to fit your make and model of sewing machine so it may take from 2-4 weeks for delivery.
Don't you just feel your E-Notion IQ going up?  I hope you do :)

Be sure to check out the

 IHAN Pre-Holiday Sale aka Black Friday - Cyber Monday Sale

I'm going now add all the great deals.

Smiles,
Kelly

8 comments:

  1. whoo-hoo I have one of those tables and it's great!!! I love using it with my Bernina. Great asset to any sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly
    I love my Sew Steady tables! I have one for my Viking and one for my Janome. Can't sew without them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. I have an extended table for my Singer that really comes in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those cushions! I have a quilt table that came with my machine, similar to those and I LOVE It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, sizing question? The Large is 18x24 and the big 24x24. Advantages for having the extra space behind the machine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhhh, tricks & tools of the trade! And what a handsome pair of helping hands! I made a camo-quilt (at the dining table of our camper, no less, (about 24" x 32" for those that don't know)) and my helping hands did exactly the same - support the bulk of the project while I used both hands to hold the fabric under the presser foot. Support is good, good-looking support is best!!

    Happy Thanksgiving Day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...