Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Really Nice Person's Stuff



Once upon a time....there was a really nice person that had too much miscellaneous stuff.....furniture no longer being used, games no longer played with, books, old clothes etc.  She said she was going to have a Yard Sale....but didn't quite find the time to have one

Have you ever met someone like that?  A really nice person with too much stuff? 
One weekend that really nice person's sister came to visit and said to her, "I would love to help you sort this stuff and we'll sell some on Craigslist,  get rid of some on Freecycle.org and give the rest to friends who may want or need these really nice useful things. 

So they sorted, and sorted and sorted.....then there were piles with:
and a pile for...friends

And that really nice person started feeling so much better.......and her house seemed lighter too....
So light it could float....well...maybe not that light....but much lighter!

Only a Sister would spend her weekend sorting a really nice persons stuff......

That sister may have looked something like this at one time.....although the really nice person wasn't born yet so she wouldn't have known! 

Aren't Sisters wonderful people.....I think so!

Don't ya just love a happy ending to a wonderful holiday weekend? 

Smiles,
Kelly

12 comments:

  1. Where can I rent a sister? (I only have brothers, and they live far away...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE a sister like that! I hope SHE feels the same way! I am truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I borrow her? Oh yes, and could I please have that house - wowzers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No reply necessary. I just loved the sentiment of this post and the pictures associated with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh....that is just awesome that this person has such a sister. It is even more so that the house can breathe easier now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wook at that cutie pie in the picture! What a good sister! Hope you're busy with tons of orders, dear friend. Sending love and hugs!
    ~jeanie weanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly, this is wonderful. I do not have a sister, but if I did, I would feel the same way. I do have a sister/friend that has been in my life for over 50 years and we do the same for each other. Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sisters to really nice people are usually really nice people too, and from the sounds of this one, I would like to be adopted. Do you think that could be arranged? P.S. Please send that really nice person to my house soon. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every nice person deserves such a good sister! I'm glad you're so nice & I'm glad your sister is such a dear. I have no sister, but I have a TRUCK. A big, honkin truck. And a driver. We could have carted off a TON of stuff!!

    Hope y'all had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always more fun to pitch someone else's stuff.... my sis just cleaned "The Closet" and brought junk over here.... hey, wait a minute.....Do I look like the Goodwill or something!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have 3 sisters that are like that but sadly we don't get to see each other nearly enough. We are long overdue for a sister weekend and I'm thinking that I will call them today and we will set a date for our next sisterly fun days. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...