Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Quilt Market 2011 - 4 Famore Cutlery

I'm guessing no one has ever seen anyone use a hula hoop while at Quilt Market....until now :)

Oh yes, that would be me....using a hula hoop for the first time in my adult life.  I bet you are wondering why in the world I was hula hooping ...right?


It is all Mikki's fault!  Yes....completely true :)  Mikki has taken up belly dancing and hula hooping and when she was telling me about it I asked her to bring one to Houston with her.  I really wanted to see what she was talking about.

Mikki gave me a quick lesson and I was off and hooping.  It took me a minute or two to get the hang of it....but then....I was rocking that hoop.  Mikki was a little frustrated ...she said it took her two lessons to keep the hoop up for as long as I had kept it up.  All I can say is....I don't seem to be a natural with Free Motion Quilting so it's a darn good thing I am a natural at somethin'!!

You all know the story of my meeting Brint, the Scissor Man.  I lusted after his apron...but not anymore.  I had hatched a plan to TOP the Scissor Man's Apron.  If I wasn't going to have his, I was going to have one of my own...and it was going to be even better.  (There Brint...take that...Bat Man Pow sound effect ..listen closely...you'll hear it.)
 I made my own and when Brint was not looking I stood at a distance with my finger pointed directly at him and waited until he looked my way.  When he looked my way, in a loud voice I said, "I soooo Own You!" 
That got his attention and fast. 
Here is proof Brint was de-throaned....and I have to say...he took it well.
Not only did I get to wear my apron on the front....I got to wear his on the back.  Now, I'm one bad mamma jamma!!!

Below is a better pix of the front of my apron....yes, I was in the bathroom ( if Superman has his telephone booth....IHAN has her bathroom...LOL).
"Kelly Scissor Fiend
Queen of the IHAN Nation
(self appointed of course!)"

I used Artist Transfer Paper to make the label.  I put the ATC through my printer then ironed it to a piece of white Kona cotton.  I made several button holes and tabs to hold my scissor extenders with scissors attached.  The biggest reason Brint was de-throaned was because "MY" apron has all the bells and whistles that his doesn't have.  If you look closely, the top right of my apron has a metal name tag I covered with my business card. Then I used earth magnets to hold my Stiletto and my Famore Seam Rip.  I bet you are wondering how I managed to not cut myself or poke myself with all those scissors, right?  I put clear tubing over the tips of all the sharps so I couldn't get poked.  (ohhhh eeee I'm a smarteeee pantssss...giggles).  Brints don't have a protector on his...nor does he have his fine tip tweezers on his apron.  I re purposed my Bernina Bobbin holder and attached that to a zip line do-hickey (it is the tube to the right of center...my tweezers are in there).  I had more scissors than are shown here....but you get the idea.


I found some new scissors made by Famore while I was there...I'll be adding them to my website later today.

I really liked these small scissors and they were darn sharp too.

Brint kept his sense of humor through out his de-throaning process....I just had to leave him with his "simple" Scissor Man apron.  I'm just so darn nice aren't I?   (evil grins)

Fiendly Smiles,
Kelly

19 comments:

  1. Kelly, what a wonderful post! Absolutely, made my day. Thanks for having such a glorious wacky sense of humor!! Looking forward to more posts about Fall Market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is toooooo funny! I love the self appointed title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's such a cutie... I'm laughing at you with your scissors... too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you didn't steal his scissor apron, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, I saw YOU on someone else's blog with that now famous apron! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rock, Kelly! Quite magnanimous to allow him to keep his apron - but then, yours is way better! LOL Still chuckling at your great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh you are a brave woman.. I would most certainly have popped a boob wearing that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so funny. I love the picture in the throne room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He y wild woman! I can't hula hoop worth a darn. Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilarious fun! And the perfect Ihan Notion Nation apron!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What you said: I found some new scissors made by Famore while I was there...I'll be adding them to my website later today.

    What I read: I found some new scissors made by Famore while I was there...I'll be adding them to my apron later today.

    It seemed to fit and I had no problem believing it -- you are the Scissor Queen!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah...we bow to the queen! Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do have a hula hoop and I love it...and I do use it every day..it is weighted and goodness me, you make me want to join you next time..you look like you were most certainly having the time of your life....queen of everything x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved reading yoru story, and enjoyed meeting you at market.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Having know Brint for years, I know he is way too much fun! Sorry I missed the party with you in his booth.

    ReplyDelete
  17. dang. Looks like a blast. I'll have to give Brint a hard time next time I see him ;) He's a riot. And Mikki. She's so much fun! I love his scissors and came home and ordered your rulers straight away. =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A Fantastic range of modern and classic cutlery available at sensible prices to help create that perfect dining experience.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...