Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Friday, December 7, 2012

Working on Christmas Gifts

I've been working on some Christmas gifts lately.  I know some folks who are amazing and begin working on their gifts in January.  Not me....I'm a last minute gal if there ever was one.
I started playing with some designs I liked for guest towels.  I really liked this one so it is now hanging in my first floor bathroom.  Feeling festive around here :)

Machine embroidery on the corner of a dinner napkin makes Christmas dinner a bit more fun.  I'm making these for some family members as well.  I hope they like them.

I made these pot holders for a church donation today.  They are so easy to make and go together rather quickly too.  If you make them smaller, they can also be used as coasters.

Waldo has been working on some coil bowls and I just love how she embellished them.
Do you have any quick and fun gifts that you make to give during the holidays?  I'd love to hear about them.

I saw a fun  tutorial for making small, medium and large gift bags.  Click here to see how fun and pretty they are. 

Hope you are having some fun sewing time too.

Smiles,
Kelly

11 comments:

  1. Looks like the busy time is going well. i wish I were as productive with my sewing. Baking marathon today. On batch #4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! You're going to have some very happy recipients this year!
    I'm the world's worst at waiting until the last minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those bowls and the wonderful towels you have been embroidering

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great towels and napkins, Kelly! I adore Waldo's bowls, they really are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was hoping to turn out some bowls this Christmas, but it's not likely; I'll be lucky to finish the one quilt I've started:-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waldo did a great job with those bowls. Love your embellished towels. Great job.

    I'm wanting to make a number of your luggage bag tags. We have several friends that are going on a cruise to Hawaii in January and I'd like to give each of them some of these tags in tropical prints.

    I think I need to start earlier next year making Christmas gifts.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work Kelly. I have to say I am drooling over Waldo's blue bowl that is embellished with gold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where can I find these patterns ...I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are beautiful gifts and beautiful work on them. I have an embroidery machine, need to learn how to use it, lol. I would love to do custom towels for me and as gifts.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOO yes! I have been making Angry Birds for the grandchildren. PSSSST! Don't tell them! Once I finish I will try to email a photo. Have one set done but they are in WV and I forgot to take a photos of them. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you embellished those bowls, Kelly! Happy holidays to the Jackson family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...