Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Monday, December 17, 2012

Hand Made Gifts Are The Best

As I was driving home the other night I passed this house.  What a gift it is to everyone who drives past.  A labor of love that has been shared with those of us who drive past....I'm very grateful!

In those few extra moments I get to stitch, I've been working on making these kitchen towels with Holiday Recipe Towels (they come on USB).

These designs are by Lunch Box Quilts and from the moment I saw them, I just knew I had to make some for gifts.  I'm learning quite a bit using my "new to me" embroidery machine.  I know many gals who have asked Santa for an embroidery machine and I just hope those reindeer have been fortified because those machines are heavy! 
 
My girlfriend, Diane, made these beautiful gifts for me.  The towel is absolutely beautiful isn't it?  I can only hope to be as proficient one day as my friends are at machine embroidery.

Speaking of proficient, look what Karin sent to me recently:
Do you remember the Fall Machine Embroidery Hop?  If not, you can see the post HERE.   The design is from Marjorie's online store, Shop.B-Quilts.com.  I choose the Turtle Design to make mug rugs for my co-workers for the holidays and then promptly broke my hand and couldn't make them.  I'm all better now so I'm planning on making them each a mug rug for next to their bed.  Every night they take a glass of water to bed so a mug rug will come in very handy.


Karin always does such a lovely job.  If you have not seen her Etsy Shop, Sew-Write Creations, you really do need to go see the beautiful things that she makes.  Karin also does custom orders and I've had the pleasure of seeing the appliance covers she has custom made for some of  her customers.  They were absolutely top quality.

A Flamingo Update:

I know these photos would be much more fun if taken in the dark so you could see the lights, but then the flamingos don't show up as well.  You'll just have to use your imagination.
The Flamingos are being kept busy as you can see.  For those who would like to send the Flamingo Family a holiday card, you can Click Here for their address :)

Recently I saw this quote and thought it was wonderful....so I thought I'd share it with all of you.

Smiles,
Kelly

10 comments:

  1. Those little towels are really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The towels are great, send the flamingos over to my house to finish up my deocrations, I will pay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post Kelly. Definitely helped to get me in the Holiday spirit. Your towels look beautiful. Great job. And those Flamingos look like they are doing a great job decorating. Wonder what Santa will bring them for Christmas? Hopefully they get some fresh shrimp appetizers at the holiday parties that they get invited to.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can attest to the quote!!! As for making gifts, they will have to come from the kitchen since the sewing room is still a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can attest to the quote!!! As for making gifts, they will have to come from the kitchen since the sewing room is still a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That has to be good thread to make all that text so clear. WOW! I've really enjoyed our family's handmade swap this pas year. I'm eagerly awaiting my name for 2013. I've already been doing research for that.

    I know that turtle piece is a treasure. Karin really thought of you!

    I love the lights. they make me happy. That's a happy childhood memory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love the towels but I also love the felt ornaments that Diane gave you. I'm pretty sure they are machine emb. designs. I'd love to know where she got the designs. I give the grands Christmas ornaments each year and I'd love to give those a whirl. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The towels are wonderful! Love that they have a recipe. And those turtles are perfect. Love the flamingos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kelly, your towels look great. I think that YOU are becoming proficient in machine embroidery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...