Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Friday, December 21, 2012

Looking for a Sign

Have you ever "looked for a sign?"  Sometimes seeing "the sign" helps. 

Life seems insane of late and I know I have it within my power to change the course of my current experiences....so why am I still running around like a chicken with my head cut off and choosing insanity instead of sanity? 

Perhaps it was all the excitement of two of our daughters arriving on Tuesday.  Could it have been wrapping all those orders in order to get them to people in time for their holiday.   Maybe it was helping my Mother move from her house of 40 years to a seniors apartment this week.  Do you think it could have been preparing all those teacher gifts and cookies for the boy's school Christmas party?  Well, then again, it could be all the dishes and laundry...and did I mention picking up after 6 people.  I guess it could have been any one of these things that has sent me off the deep end...LOL.

Self Portrait

I need to be reminded to slow down and breathe.  Have you ever gotten yourself into a tailspin and needed to remind yourself to wipe that crazed cat look off of your face?  ROFL

Taking time to slow down and enjoy the process of making 160 chocolate chip cookies.
 Enjoying the scent of fresh made chocolate chip cookies.....ahhh...that would have been nice.

And then there were those Oreo Truffles....they should be called "Dangerous Truffles!"

Krista, our oldest daughter, taught us about Oreo Truffles.  

You take 39 Oreo's and put them in the food processor and turn them into a very fine powder.  Add one 8 oz package of cream cheese and combine.  Then you make small balls and put them in the freezer or outdoors if it is cold where you live.  We put ours on the back porch.  Melt some mild chocolate on the stove and when the truffle balls are hardened, dip them into the chocolate and place them on wax paper and take them back outside to harden.  There is no recommended dosage so prepare yourself :)

The rest of the evening I'm going to focus on "being" and not doing....after all I am a human being,  not a human doing.  Why is it that I get confused so frequently?

Smiles,
Kelly

15 comments:

  1. wow kel, you've got a lot going on there. i'm just trying to get my fingers to work again :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Pretty crazy here too. It's good to just take a break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sit down, put your feet up, close your eyes, breath. Hold this position for 10-15 minutes. You do have a lot going on and need to also be able to enjoy it.

    Your cookies look awesome. Cooked to perfection. Thanks for sharing Krista's Oreo Truffle recipe. Sounds yummy. I wonder if one could do that with TimTams, but then TimTams are so perfect I'm not sure anything more needs to be done to them.

    Relax and enjoy time with the IHAN family.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, being time is very important. just sit and breathe. Thinking is not required

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Lord Kelly - no wonder I haven't heard from you!! Hope you put your feet up at some point and took a much needed break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was tired just listening to all you have been doing....let me sit a minute and catch my breath!!!


    Oh...Okay...wow!!!! Must make some of those truffles....there goes all the weight I lost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sit back, close your eyes and breathe. Breathe deeply and relax. Smell the smells of wherever you are, breathe them in. Slowly open your eyes and see all there is around you. Breathe deeply again and let the miracle of all that flow through you.......

    And then - of course - get up and go do it all! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah I know that crazy feeling well. Work and all that Christmas entails plus both kids' birthdays right before Christmas makes my December truly crazy. I am so looking forward to lots of down time in January.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I can sympathize!!!! REALLY I can. Christmas morning is almost here, put the breakfast into the crockpot on (google crockpot breakfast recipes) Christmas Eve, set the coffee maker.... then sit and veg while the gifts are being opened!!!! If you are cooking... take a nap while the bird starts to cook... you will still have plenty of time to complete the side dishes.... or swing by Sams/Costco for some take and bake pizzas and have a dinner that is easier and lots more fun.... just thinking out loud here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Breathe!! I really want to try your Oreo truffles, but I have a feeling that I would just eat them, so I better not even think about making them! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh..those Oreao truffles sound so good! You are busy....so YES! just do the "being" thing.

    Merry Christmas to you and all your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boy, do I hear you!!!!!!! why do we do it to ourselves?? true INSANITY!! Merry Christmas anyway

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just sit down and chill girl! Have a great Christmas.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. yum, cookies! I'm coming to your house! And those oreo thingies? Divine! Enjoy Christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merry Christmas, Nappy New Year, and enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...