Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Perfect Endings with Floriani :)

Hey y'all, Karin here again...

Just wanted to pop in a moment and share a thought with you (I can't stand it when they rattle around inside my head, just clamoring to get out!)....

If you want a perfect ending, you've gotta start with a good beginning.  And if you're gonna start off right, you'll want to start with Floriani Thread.  Believe me, I've used my share of the other stuff...and then some.  And I'm here to tell you, results just aren't the same.

Take a peek at what came off the machine yesterday.

Bet you're wondering what the heck they are?  They're pillowcases!  Made with the super easy "hot-dog" method, then just neatly folded and laid side by side.  

I actually started with some really nice fabrics from Moda (the stripe is Songbird), Benartex (the solid teal is Quilters Suede), and Windham (the small checks are Christmas something...).  The dotted fabric is unknown, sorry.  They all have a really nice hand and were super easy to sew.  They frayed something fierce, tho, I must admit.  (I pre-wash EVERYthing before I use it.)

The thread is Floriani PFP52, and to my eyes, it's a really close match.  Unreal how different fabrics and thread from different manufacturers all works together, eh?

Anyway, back to the beginning....I ironed some Floriani No Show Mesh  to the fabric, loaded a hoop with Floriani Tearaway, then a narrow strip of Floriani Perfect Stick, then placed the fabric on that.  Of course, I had finger-pressed to find my center and marked it with a straight pin.  I programmed the name straight off my Babylock Ellegante2 and messed with adjusted the spacing just a wee bit.

Once I had my placement perfected, I pressed start, and away she went!  I can't say it enough, Perfect Results, Every time.  Thank you Walter Floriani!



Now, if you don't mind, I have some purple turtles calling my name.  Thanks for letting me pop in here, Kelly!  Wishing you and all your fans a very happy and safe holiday season!

Karin

6 comments:

  1. That thread really pops with Kevin's name. Looks great.

    When do we get to see these purple turtles?

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purdeeee que-all (pretty cool) =P

    hugz,
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful job and love the name on them. I'm making pillow cases for my kids & gkids this year, and just might have to put their names on them too! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karin, those turned out beautifully! But then I know how all the Floriani products work together as a system (learned that from a seminar earlier this month).

    I dreamt I was buying a new embroidery machine like yours (a much nicer one than the one I currently have). Wish it were true. Who knows? maybe I'll take the plunge...LOL!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am
    impressed! Extremely useful info specially
    the last part :) I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this certain information
    for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.
    Feel free to visit my web blog ; golden virginia tobacco

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...