Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Arctic FREEZE


 
 The Flamingo Family is now up to their ears in snow!
This is not the first floor, nope....it is a pix from the second floor of our home.
 The drifting snow on our roof...amazing isn't it?
 I had an appointment yesterday and this was the inside of the building....yes...frost on the inside of the building...impressive :)
The snow and freeze has slowed everything down, which I absolutely love :)  The slower life goes the happier I am!!!  I was able to make these several days ago.  Not been able to make anything else because this is the 4th day of no-school for my co-workers.  YIKES....I'm up to my ears in pokemon cards, games, pine wood derby cars and oh yeah....that's right...laundry...double YIKES.

I've heard some say they think this is all due to global warming.....I'm thinking Wal Mart drove down the price of Arctic Freeze and some hoarder let it all go at once.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

I hope everyone who is affected by this Arctic Blast is slowing down and taking time to enjoy the beauty of the white snow and life at a manageable pace.

Smiles,
Kelly

15 comments:

  1. we are retired so we always enjoy a slower pace, thankfully we didn't get snow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodess...how funny is that photo of the flamingos up to their necks in snow! Unfamiliar environment for them I'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now they are saying 50 and rain for the weekend...crazy isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish we had snow! Doesn't look like we will get any this winter at all. Thanks for sharing the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a LOT of snow!!! Can you send us some of the moisture from it???? You can keep the cold part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that is far more snow than what I was seeing on the National News. the West Coast is in a snow drought/no water. Please send some snow/rain/water west.

    Keep warm, stay safe.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    PS - I want to make some quilted coats for the flamingos. Do you have measurements?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the flamingo update, Kelly! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that bitter cold would have been easier to take if we had snow instead of freezing rain!!! I didn't have any plans... to go anywhere so I mostly stayed home! Talk about slow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember my two years in Ohio... The snow was higher than that one year. (blizzard of 78?) I am happy if i never see snow again. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gene, you can blame that on me. I was in HS then. Was supposed to go skiing that weekend. Prayed for snow. That was when I was living in Toledo.

      Hate to break it to y'all. We have a windy rain storm coming to Seattle tomorrow. That probably means more snow on the way.

      Delete
  10. UGH. time to fly south, if ya ask me...but then, nobody did... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh boy! it is going to be awhile before the flamingo are going to be out of the deep freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those poor flamingos need rescuing. And yes this artic freeze is insane. Thankfully we're finally out of it and today will be much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh...you stay warm an in the house...no going outside for you...those poor flamingos...can't someone bring them in?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! The snow is incredible!! I think I heard on the news that there is more coming ??!!!???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...