Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Headed Home

Another retreat that flew by like it was 3 hours instead of days.  My annual pilgrimage to be with my PA girlfriends and I had an amazing trip.  It started with the concern I could not drive the 7 hours with my ankle, but surprisingly enough, I made it just fine and didn't have to drive with my leg on the dashboard the entire trip :)

I set my sewing goals very low and raised my connecting time quite high and that was the perfect combination for me this year.

Here is a little peak at what my eyes beheld:
The Historic Wheatly Barn is adorned with a beautiful quilt block.

Downtown Wellsboro
The Fanaslau Barn Quilt in all its glory.

Kim always works on something beautiful and fun.  I love her basket quilt and if you look very closely....
there is a chicken too :)
The beds are all adorned with amazing quilts as well...talk about heaven...yes...I'm in heaven here and have to leave today....booo hoooo.



If I don't get on the road I'm going to have Mr. McSteamy blowing smoke and the co-workers looking like orphans....gotta run.  

Joyfilled Smiles of Wonderful Gratitude,
Kelly

11 comments:

  1. Wow, if nothing else you got to see some glorious eye candy. I am glad you had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you had fun. I plan to start that basket quilt this year. I have been wanting to make it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a wonderful time! I've thought about you often and I've posted your quilts on my blog-finally!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a great trip and I'm so glad the ankle held up well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you got your "you time" in with the girls. It was way overdue... Just wish you had more time with them. Hugs and safe travels, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun retreat, but I'm not sure I like the idea of you driving and you having your sore foot up on the dashboard while you are driving. Wish I was with you to help drive. And I certainly don't like Mr. McSteamy getting so worried with you or the IHAN kids looking like orphans. I'm sure they'll be happy to have you home. And I'm delighted you had some good time to connect. Girlfriend time is important.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girlfriend time is so important to the soul and creative spirit. Glad you got to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... a chicken at the retreat too! I love that take on the fan... definitely modern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Gene, you viewed some gorgeous quilts! So glad you had a good time. You deserved it after all you have been through this past year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you returned home safely and had a great retreat! Where in PA was the retreat?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy, am I happy to hear you returned home safely! Driving with your leg up is really uncomfortable...lol! hugzzzzzzzzzz to you!!! Happy Valentine's Day! Maybe one of these days when you come to PA, we can meet in person!!!
    hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...