Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Checker Distributors 62nd Anniversary Open House

Checker Distributor
62 Anniversary
Open House

For those of you who are not familiar with Checker Distributors, they are a supplier for Independent Quilting and Needle Art Stores.  They recently had their Open House and I was fortunate enough to be able to participate in the classes and see the demonstrations.  

To set the scene, Checker is a big warehouse with a showroom and offices.  Over the past 6 or 8 weeks the folks at Checker have been remodeling the showroom.  The showroom, in my opinion, was very nice before they began the remodeling.  Now it is extra "really nice" :)  Every time I have gone in to pick up an order there have been no less than 4 women moving displays and re-organizing until they got it just the way they wanted it.  Their hard work certainly paid off because when everyone arrived for their Open House the entire place was beautiful and in it's place. (I'd love for them to come and do my house/office....I bet I can't afford them!!!)

The photos below are of the displays that were arranged on the end caps in the warehouse.  Remember this is the warehouse, not the showroom.  I'll publish photos of those soon.
 

 
 


 

 

I only took 356 photos in the two days I was there so I'm going to have to post in chapters!!!  Stay tuned :)

Smiles,
Kelly

16 comments:

  1. Pretty neat place to see what's new in the quilting world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you 'only' took 356 photos? I'd say what you've posted so far is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... I would be so overwhelmed, for sure. Not knowing where to begin.

    How do you handle it? Do you use the photos as a purchasing guide?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun. They also look very organized. Love the displays. Eager to see the remaining photos (350?).

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am familiar with Checkers. I have been tempted to open a shop just so I can buy from them at wholesale prices! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have a nice warehouse. We do not have that store here.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You take some great pictures and get to go to some really cool places. Thanks for sharing with those of us that wana and cant

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly, totally wonderful, I am so jealous that you got to go..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting displays. You're certainly spending a lot of time at quilt shows!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got some great photos of the new items at the show Kelly! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great place to go! Thanks for sharing these great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These photos are very inspiring. Look at all that yummy stuff! Looking forward to seeing lots more of your 356 photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was there too!! Too bad I didn't know you were going to be there...we could have met for lunch! It was fabulous right?? I loved seeing all the great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for the show, it's almost like being there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...