Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Leaves Galore Applique Templates by Sue Pelland at Spring Quilt Market 2010

Nope, not done yet!!!  Still more and more and more about Spring Quilt Market 2010.
I remember all the buzz the first time a friend had discovered Sue Pelland's Leaves Galore Applique Templates.  I went over to Sue's site to look at them.....and then thought to myself....who makes that many leaves?  LOL....I can be very simple sometimes as you probably already have picked up :) So I continued to look  and I learned these templates make more than leaves.

These are the three templates: Leaves Galore Petite Applique Template 15in, Leaves Galore Norme Applique Template 18in, Leaves Galore Grande Applique Template 24in by Sue Pelland and the come as the set of three as well.

These are the quilts Sue had in her booth in Minneapolis. The templates were used to make the flowers, leaves and the ribbon around the quilt.
I'm not one for holiday quilts....but this one is absolutely beautiful.  Red and Green get preferential treatment around here....my favorite color combination.
I think the border on this quilt really makes the quilt stand out. 
 
See, some folks do use a lot of leaves!!!  I know my girlfriend Mary Jane would certainly use that many if not more and she does needle turn applique.  I'm just not to that point yet.  A few more years practice and then I'll be ready.
 
Lots of movement in this piece which is a great example of the many uses of the Leaves Galore Templates.
This is Sue demonstrating the Leaves Galore Templates:


Posted by Picasa
 

If you like video like I do....here is the video:


Well, I know it is almost Fall Quilt Market and I'm just posting now....but you know what?  I think I would need a team of folks covering all the great stuff at market.  I need a IHAN Posse don't you think? 

Smiles,
Kelly

11 comments:

  1. That is a nice ruler for quilting, lots of possibilities.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I could go with you to Market in person. It would be so much fun... Oh, the mischief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen that template before. That is pretty interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsie Wowsie. This is a very cool ruler! Lovely quilts too!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this .I had not seen thia before and I might have to put it on my Christmas List!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I needed these today as I just finished needle turning 80 leaves for the center block of my Baltimore Album quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I needed these today as I just finished needle turning 80 leaves for the center block of my Baltimore Album quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is one of the cleverest things I've ever seen. Adding it to my Christmas list, lol! Leaves are very time-consuming to cut one at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I could squeeze more hours in the day, more days in the week, and more weeks in the year - oh yes and more years in a lifetime - I would sign on for the posse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why? why did you go and show that ruler...why? YOu know how I am about rulers...... I am trying so hard not to order one....just love what it does...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...