Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hoffman Challenge and Hands All Around XXV: International Quilts at Spring Quilt Market 2010

(Edited 6/9/10 6PM)
Someone out there is a psychic that can levitate objects....who ever you are...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!  I woke up today and the camera card that I turned the house upside down for was on my kitchen counter (100% truth).  Where?  When? Why?.....Who cares right?  I'm just glad it is present and accounted for :)

I'm now able to bring you the ever beautiful Hoffman Challenge entries and the Hands All Around XXV: International Quilts that were shown at Quilt Market.  There were more but since I am in charge of taking photos.....I just take pictures of the ones that grab me.  That is not to say the others that I saw were not absolutely amazing too.....but in that moment they did not grab me.  (Guess this is my blog and I can write what I want right?  My thoughts too....glad we think alike :)  The photographs below each piece is the Designer and information about the quit above the photo. 


Are you starting to gather why they call this a "Challenge?"  Yes....amazing clothing and I only wish they were made in tall because you know I would have been walking around sporting one of these outfits and that poor manikin would have been stuck with something plain and un-exciting that is For Sure!

Posted by Picasa
What an interesting and eye catching bag!!!  Way tooo cool.

Who needs Hollywood's Designers? Or should I say Paris?  This is when ignorance is bliss :)  I would wear this beautiful outfit right down the red carpet in one hot second with a big smile that would break cameras for sure....I think Annette Benning needs to wear this too.  Just taking advantage of being the author again...oops.
Posted by Picasa

I tried a close up of this to show the beads and the pattern on the fabric.  It is difficult to tell from the photo above.
Sarah Vedeler needs to pop into the Houston Quilt Market wearing this...don't you think?  I think it is definitely her.
Posted by Picasa



Posted by Picasa
How does this grab you? 

 
This makes me think of summers....beautiful dandelions everywhere.

Stop and look at this one for awhile....check out all the leaves and details....incredible.

 
I love this one too...especially how the quilting makes the entire quilt just pop....gently without you almost even noticing....like a watercolor.  It was available for purchase.....so if you have a spare zillion....feel free to hand deliver it anytime....yes....anytime!!




Just a few more shots to give you the feeling like you were there....standing back....gazing upon beauty and absolute life force energy....the gift of human creation.  So next time someone cuts you off in traffic or steals your parking spot....just remember that could be the person who made one of these beauties and they got a creative stroke of genius and they had to hurry to get where they were going so we could all admire their work.  No?  Well........just get over it then :)  LOL

Thanks for walking along with me....I love good company. 

Edited here: 
 
Gene, my editor, would have caught this if he had known it was my plan....unless he is the clairvoyant and he knew but just wanted it for himself....I'm not sure.  Nonetheless, I was planning on giving this autographed copy of Quilt Life Magazine on this post.  So if you would like to have the lovely autographed copy...leave a comment.  When I feel like it.....I'll do the random number generator thing.....unless I get the best comment ever read....then I'll just give it to that person....I'm feeling a little wishy washy today :)  I can be bribed basically...LOL.  By the way, autographed copies of this magazine are not just handed out here and there at Market.  I had to approach these grizzly folks and fear for my life while asking them to autograph it....so it came at a very high price. (Seriously though, these are not autographed, I had to request their autographs and they are so gracious and unassuming.....no "I'm a star" attitude at all.....just as lovely as they appear on this magazine.

Smiles,
Kelly

17 comments:

  1. Absolutely my favorite quilter TV personalities ever. Every morning my mother and I (my father had no choice) would watch Alex on HGTV. Even when HGTV kept moving her airing time earlier and earlier, we would get up at 6am to watch. Alex introduced me to Ricky with Cave Man Style quilting appearances... and his music. Those were the days! Didn't see a grizzly though. So, I would love love love to win this premier autographed issue of their first edition magazine. Thank you for being so brave, and I am glad that you found your camera module. mlwright29 (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the first...I'm the first. I am typing really fast so I can stay the first....

    I need that magazine. I read the whole post....all the way down to the part with the giveaway...others would have given up a long time ago and just flipped to the next blog. NOT ME!! I stuck it out to the very end....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have had a hard time going up and asking for an autograph too, so way to go. I would love to have the magazine. I could frame it and put it in my sewing room after I've I read it cover to cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad my psychic abilities came in handy getting that little card out of the mess you brought home and getting it on the counter. That levitation stuff is HARD WORK.

    So I think I EARNED that magazine, don't you?

    Woo woooo wow, I have a new job as editor...but I just found out that there is no pay check attached. That is okay, friendship is far better than dollars in the grand scheme of life.
    (although I may have to tell ALEX that you called her "grizzly" - Ricky wouldn't mind it though.

    I must say I really enjoyed looking at these pictures. I am totally GRABBED by "Seeds" (Laura Wasilowski) I am loving those vivid colors that just sing a happy song.

    (was this the best comment you ever read, or what???)
    heheheheee

    ReplyDelete
  5. What incredible quilts and garments! I cannot imagine the amount of work that goes into that kind of quilting. Thanks for finding the camera cord. These pictures might have been lost forever, and that would have been such a shame. And I am most impressed that you were brave enough to approach the king and queen of quilting for their autographs. I have met Alex once at a quilt show, and believe it or not have a picture with her............ (and my two other quilting buds). So even us wallflowers sometimes take the plunge and rub elbows with the rich and famo..........err, no that's not right. The Quilt Royalty, yeh that's better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, thank you. I knew you would be happy to see that card there. *S* Now you can just go ahead and ship me my GO! anytime. hahahahahah

    btw.....don't put me into the random gen thingie for the zine, 'cause I already subscribe.

    Oh, and I knew that one would say Laura Wasilowski before I even scrolled down.
    Her work is so identifiable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always Kelly I have enjoyed "walking" around the quilt market with you. YOu really do take fab photos and those quilts are amazing. Of course I would love to have the magazine that's autographed by the wonderful 'Stars'. I can just imagine them trying to run the other way when they see you coming...NOT! I know if I was there at the market I would have been handing you something to but your autograph on :) hugs Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love, love, love a copy.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    PS - Happy your camera memory stick magically appeared on your kitchen counter. Absolutely a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow...what an amazing challenge.....that bag is soooo adorable, don't know if I would be brave enough to carry it around but it sure is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you again for all those lovely photos! Only you would take as many as I would take myself! Really appreciate experiencing market through your eyes.

    I think that after all your hard work you should have something that you keep for yourself to remember your time at market by so if I happen to win, I will give the magazine to you to keep as a keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh...I'm jealous or is it envious? that you have met these two incredible quilters. I've oft dreamed of attending one of their shows in Colorado...but I have to settle for the website...thank goodness for internet! I would be thrilled to say the least to receive the magazine.

    P.S. I just found your blog this morning and instead of cutting out my quilt....I'm still sitting here with coffee cup and computer browsing your blog! Thank you for sharing.

    Vanessa in Oklahoma

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not sure I could have asked for an autograph, I'm afraid I would just stand there and stammer. To me they are huge stars and Alex Anderson is the reason I quilt today. Her show got me started and I adore her. Loved the pictures from the show, those flowers are amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW what wonderful photos. I had to enlarge each one and study it. I didn't see the photos in a Glorious Day until I enlarged it. I just cannot believe what some people can do with fabric. I'd like to get my hands on the magazine too. Bet it is full of great ideas. Love your blog, thanks for all the work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is Ricky Tims the centerfold? And if so what folds out!!!!!

    I'm in for the draw! I would love to have this! I took a class one time with Cindy Blackberg and Ricky Tims was teaching in the next door room. We all wondered why they laughed so hard all day! And we loved listening in! I kind of wanted to switch classes - except my class was so wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love to flower quilts, simply stunning. It is amazing all the different directions fabric can take.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are always thinking of your customers Kelly! Even when you a digging the house upside down and when you are putting your life on the line for an autograph! I don't know of any other shop owner who would do that strictly for their customer (me?)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...