Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Friday, June 4, 2010

Sarah Vedeler at Spring Quilt Market 2010 in Minneapolis, MN

Prior to going to Spring Quilt Market,  I had never met Sarah Vedeler.   IHAN sells her designs, coordinating silks and threads but I had never met Sarah.  The most I knew about Sarah was from what I read on Facebook. 

Imagine my surprise when I learn Sarah will be giving a presentation at Schoolhouse.  I ran, yes ran (feel free to ask around....people definitely saw me running and walking extremely fast) to get to the room where she was presenting so I could get some photos and see her new designs.

Sarah Vedeler, I'm pleased to introduce you to the IHAN Blogifers.  Blogifers, meet Dr. Sarah Vedeler, designer, software engineer and mother :)

GO! Be Dazzled is Sarah's latest machine embroidery design and pattern.  Isn't it beautiful?
GO! Be Dazzled is a  block of the month quilt featuring AccuQuilt GO! dies. The multi format CD contains 49 individual designs as well as designs formatted for a 12 month block of the month program with illustrated instructions.




The GO! Fabric Cutter Dies Sarah used include:

GO! Circle-2”, 3”, 5”
GO! Feathers
GO! Funky Flowers
GO! Heart-2”, 3”, 4”
GO! Round Flower
GO! Star 2”, 3”, 4”
I am just amazed at how beautiful the combination of machine embroidery and quilting can be. I'm an old time hand embroidery gal, I had no idea such things could be so lovely until the last year or so. I guess I have been living under a mushroom.

Later I walked into the Northcott Schoolhouse where there were no seats left and I was waiting to see what yummy fabrics they were introducing when I noticed I was standing next to Sarah Vedeler.  I could not help but smile and ask Sarah if I could take a picture of her purse.  I honestly felt like I was in Hollywood , casually asking Anthony Hopkins for a photo....Quilt Market is the Red Carpet for us quilters and I LOVE getting to meet and see all these talented folks.

This was the pretty bag Sarah was carrying.  OM Goodness....can you imagine walking around town in a GREEN quilted SILK handbag?  I wanted to grab it but Sarah looked too much like a lady and I did not want to make her chase me down the hallway. (I bet I could run faster....only because I would be fueled with envy....the dark emotion with lots of power!!!...LOL)
By now you must be thinking I had followed Sarah around the entire Quilt Market just waiting for her to appear.  Truthfully, I just happened to be walking by the Bernina and Brewer booths and Sarah was there next to a Bernina 830 (ok....if you have one of these....keep it to yourself....honestly....I don't even want to know....because I don't know what I would do) that was embroidering one of her Heart designs.
This photo is just too cool for words....so I'll be quiet.  Hear that?  Yes....the silence!!!
Here is part of the Brewer Booth at Quilt Market.  There will be more photos in other posts but this one grabbed me.  Here is Sarah's Silk Hearts Collection:  The Silk Hearts CD, the Dupioni Silk, the Aurifil Thread and the GO! Fabric Cutter dies that coordinate.  Yes my heart was pounding being so close to all those delicious things.  I really should take Valium before I go because my central nervous system goes haywire and I feel like I have a hangover when I get home.  It takes me at least a week or two to recover....no kidding.





Sarah was standing right there, so of course I asked her if I could photograph her in front of her latest design, GO! Be Dazzled Quilt .  I know I take a lot of photos but I want everyone to feel like there are with me on these adventures.  If a photo is worth a 1,000 words.....then my posts are at least 100,000 plus words :)

I wonder where Sarah stores this quilt when it is not on display.  Do you think her co-workers use it?  (Sarah has two girls)  My co-workers think I make every quilt that I  photograph and I love that they actually think I could make something like this.  One of them will walk up when I'm writing my blog and ask, "Momma, did you make that?"  My favorite co-worker questions are when they ask if the photo is a picture of me when clearly I don't look anything like the photo.  They both though the Bionce you tube video post was me dancing....you gotta love kids!!!




 
This is the Isacord GO! Be Dazzled Thread Collection that will be released soon.  It coordinates with the GO! Be Dazzled CD and pattern.

All I have to say is Sarah Vedeler is one talented lady and I can't wait to see what she does next!!

Smiles,
Kell

9 comments:

  1. Now this would have definitely been someone I'd have loved to have chatted with and admired her work up close...but if I couldn't make it to Quilt Market, I'm just very appreciative you did and you are sharing this with us. I'm so excited to see this delightful ME design set to go with the AccuQuilt dies. Absolutely beautiful.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now why didn't you tell me all this while I was on my Go shopping spree? That quilt is awesome..thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that green bag - so beautiful I think I would be running fast too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That heart quilt is beautiful! Was that made with the silk? I like the way you stalked her, oh wait, you casually strolled wherever she happened to be. The pictures you have are awesome. I am so enjoying this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Good thing you took pictures, there's just NO WAY to describe the beauty of those hearts & quilts!! And it's a good thing I'm not there with you, 'cuz you'd surely have had a partner in crime in stealing the green purse! I don't see how you're ever gonna leave the heaven that is Quilt Market 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so interested to see this. I have seen not one other blogger who even covered this.
    The presentation of silks that Brewer does is so impressive. Since I got those red ones, I can't bring myself to use them (as usual).
    There is so much more of the GO stuff around that I'm hoping the price will come down soonish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for showing all of the beautiful quilts...amazing!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her quilts are beautiful and my daughter would love me to do one like that. I still have to figure out how to use my embroidery on my machine.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...