Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Quilts That Caught My Eye in Cincinnati

Susan Shie's work was what I saw just as I entered the conference center floor.



 This was a shot of the Applique Quilts that were on exhibit....I was quickly approached and told not to take any more photos of them....but this give you a little peak.

 BEST OF SHOW....truly an amazing piece of work/art.

 This is Deborah Kemball and she spent quite a bit of time in front of her quilt answering questions and sharing wisdom about her process.

When asked if she had planned all the flowers in advance Deborah said no she had not.  The vines were laid first and then she added flowers as she felt the needed to be placed.  I found it quite interesting that she said she had most all of the flowers on and it was dull....the quilt lacked something.  Then she added the purple flowers (you'll see them splashed about the quilt if you look) that one color brought the entire piece together.  Isn't that amazing? 

 Can you believe she said she is self taught? I think starting out without knowing the "rules" really allows creative people to trust their creativity and can bring about some amazing work.
 The rest of these photos were taken as I walked through the show.


The front is all done by hand including the quilting....and check out the back...

it was painted...isn't it beautiful?








































Many of the close ups were taken so I could look at the details of how the stitches added to the overall quilt.  I'm always learning new things and these were the quilts that caught my eye....I hope you enjoyed walking with me :)

Smiles,
Kelly

9 comments:

  1. Wow. Wow. Well, Susan Shie's work is marvelous, have you been to her website? I saw a video where she demonstrated her technique. Incredible talent. The yo-yo quilt - and the painted one - amazing. I MUST get to this show next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those quilts are so amazing, I just love how others can quilt things that are so beautiful and use threads to get the effects.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictorial one done with yo-yo's is just so amazing to me. I loved some of the others as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost as good as being there - lots of eye candy! Thanks for posting these!
    Jacque in SC
    quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow those are all amazing. I am impressed with the creativity of people especially when it comes to applique. Thank you for sharing. It is the next best thing to being there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the quilts are so beautiful! Thanks for posting the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful quilts. Thanks for the quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those quilts are sooooooooooooooooooooo amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...