Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Friday, June 12, 2009

Black Swamp Quilter's Guild Meeting Last Night

(Edited 6/14/09)

Last evening the Black Swamp Quilters had a meeting in Bowling Green, OH. Kathy Green and I have been talking about going to their meeting for awhile now and we finally went. I had such a good time and was so pleased to meet so many great women. We were greeted so warmly and lots of gals came up and welcomed us. I'm definitely joining this guild and I can't wait to go back :) I felt like I was back in PA again :)

There are many talented gals in this guild and their quilts were all really great. Three in particular struck a cord with me personally.

This quilt is really amazing. Jennifer Moilock (I pray I'm spelling her name correctly.....if you click on her name you can see her blog and more about her wall hanging) made a portrait quilt for her parent's 50th wedding anniversary. What an incredible gift to be able to give her parents. Her mother was there last night and she is in the picture with Jennifer. Isn't this something else? The pearls sparkled and the veil was just a great addition. The sentimental value of this quilt makes it uninsurable I'm sure!!!

Jennifer with her mother, Rita, holding the portrait of "Ron and Rita Trumbull"

Ron Trumbull

Rita Trumbull

"V is for veggie" by Sheila Painter of Sylvania, OH

Sheila Painter with her quilt.

It was machine quilted by Rhonda Kistner. Sheila is entering this quilt in the Kaleidoscope of Quilts. She collected veggie fabrics and made blocks for 4 years. I really liked the creativity and the bright colors in this quilt. The paper piecing is just great.
There was another quilt that jumped at me but I was not able to chat with the gal who made it. It was a quilt made from a photo of a cardinal sitting in a tree. When I see it again I'll ask if I can post it on my blog. It was really beautiful.
What a great evening. I hope all of your evenings are and were as fun as mine :)
Smiles,
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. I was at the meeting, and I think you got one thing wrong: The FABRIC should be sprayed with the starch solution and refrigerated before pressing. Not quilt tops! Apparently fabric that has been treated this way is easier to work with, ravels less, and makes a crisper, nicer quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful time at the meeting. Great pictures of the quilts. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...