Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cedar Canyon Paintsticks were at Quilt Market in Pittsburgh

Cedar Canyon Paintsticks make my fingers cry, "Gimme, Gimme, Gimme." I've seen these Paintsticks around and I never knew what to do with them. So when there was a School House Class offered at Quilt Market I jumped at the chance to see what they do....or should I say....what I can do with them :)


For those of you who are artists these ideas come naturally to you. I need some guidance with to get comfortable using something new. I think that comes from not wanting to ruin something or waste my supplies....who knows. I was struck by the colors and the designs that can be made.
Obviously they can be used to paint on fabric. If you are like me and don't paint, stencils and rubbing plates are a great way to get beautiful designs on our cloth. I love the leave pattern used for the quilt above. These would make beautiful additions to jackets, purses, t-shirts, floor cloths anything you can think of with cloth. Someone at Market said she was going to stencil the side of her suitcase so when she is at the Airport she'll know what bag is hers. Oh yea baby....can you imagine the conversation starters there? If anyone wants to do my suitcases.....come one over :) I want to make a floor cloth using the Paintsticks.

I bought the DVD for Paintsticks called, " Paintstick Inspirations with Laura Murray " and I love it. I'm a visual learner so DVD's have always been one of my favorite ways to learn new techniques. It is also a way to get the TV to myself. My boys don't want to watch "grown-up TV".

Life had been full with the start of Summer. It feels like I go from sun up until well after sun down. I've been doing lots of planting in our yard. Rick & the boys have put in a garden. The boys have a full time job of chasing away the bunnies that come to eat their garden.

Do you have a project you are working on that you would like to share? E-mail me at IHaveANotion@yahoo.com I'd love to see it/them :) If you are open to sharing I'll post it on my blog too!!!

Have a great afternoon.
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I've seen quilts with painting on them, but didn't know what was used..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...