Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

New Addition to the Family and More Information about the Bias Tape Maker Machine by Simplicity

I'd like to introduce the newest addition to my family: Drum Roll Please.....

Here she is....I've named her "Hot Stuff Harriet." Her birth mother was named Westinghouse. She may just be too hot to handle!!! I got her from the Salvation Army for a mere 3.00 adoption fee. I plugged her in and she got hot fast....and no steam!!! I'm thinking she will be great for pressing cottons. I've always wanted one like this and I'm thrilled I found her tonight. My grandma had one that she heated on the radiator and she had the water in a shaker bottle. I treasure those memories.

You know how I ended up at Salvation Army on a Wed night? Well....in my efficiency I filled in my calender for an entire year the dates of my quilt guild meetings and my needle guild meeting. Only problem is the needle arts guild meets on the third Wed and not the second. Oops....what is a woman to do when she knows the kids are being watched? You guessed it....go shopping.

I've gotten several e-mails asking questions about the Bias Tape Maker Machine and the Rotary Cutting Machine both by Simplicity. I'm waiting to hear from Simplicity about replacement blades for the Rotary Cutting Machine. The tips for the Bias Tape Maker are reportedly being released in Aug and will come in the following sizes: Flat Fold: 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4, 1 1/4, and Quilt Binding tips will be 2 1/4 and 2 1/2. When the are in I will post that information and the prices.

Thank you for all the nice e-mails and comments. I'm so glad that people enjoy what I write. Many nights I just want to go to bed but I stay up and write my post because some gals say they read blogs with coffee in the morning. I used to spend a crazy amount of time reading blogs....now it is much reduced because I'm writing one!!!

Smiles,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Kelly it was very nice to meet you this evening at the Blackswamp Quilt Guild meeting in Bowling Green. Be sure to stop at my blog, I will be visiting yours often:) Jenna Louise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...