Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Monday, June 15, 2009

Great Week

What a great week. Zachary and I both earned our advanced white belts in karate. Aaron earned another stripe on his advanced orange belt. My family came to visit , I met lots of nice people and got some great deals at garage sales. Can't beat that with a big stick!!

I went to some garage sales on Friday morning and Saturday morning. I got some great buys.
I fell in love with these dishes the minute I saw them. They have never been used and there are 16 place settings, two platters, two serving bowels, two sugar bowels & creamers. Guess what I paid?

Then I found this quilt stand in the box....unopened. It had never been opened and it required assembly. The stand is made of oak. What do you think I paid for it? I checked on line and it would be 49.95 plus shipping if I were to order it.



There was a high school reunion (small gathering at a restaurant) on Saturday night. This was my first gathering with "kids" from of high school. Rick and I both had a ball and I'm really glad I went.
Rick's birthday was Sunday and we spent the day discovering some lakes about an hour from our home. We ate lunch at a cozy restaurant and took the boys to play in a park. Later we grilled steaks and had cake and ice-cream.
Ok.....I guess I better tell you what I paid for those items so my phone does not ring in the middle of the night. The dishes were $35.00. They had them priced at $45 and like the nut I am, I asked (with a straight face) will you take $35.00. I could not get to the van fast enough with those dishes. Best yet, Rick really likes them too!!!
I paid $5 for the quilt stand. Woooo Hooooooo!!!! I also got a brand new Creative Memories Picfolio Album (something I wanted) brand new in the box.....for $1.00. So needless to say....I am a thrifty shopper and I love a bargain.
Have a great day! Come garage sale with me soon.....it is so much fun :)
Kelly
6/14/09 8:15 AM update....this was written on Sunday night....I'm not predicting the coming week.... LOL. The cake did not come with the dishes....it was Rick's birthday cake. The winner of the Giveaway is still unknown....I'll get to that soon :)

4 comments:

  1. That's a lovely set of dishes...that's what I tend to want to buy too. I love dishes and serving pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great quilt rack. Dishes are very nice. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kelly, I would love to go garage saleing with you! Those were great finds. Goodness the quilt stand for $5!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...