Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Fun stuff I found today

I found these MagPro's today. They come in 12, 18 and 24 inches. I thought they would be excellent for my sewing area, my kitchen and my husbands workshop. The picture below does not even begin to show how neat these looked. You would apply them horizontally on the wall. I will be adding them to my store either tomorrow or Friday.

The MagPro incorporates a powerful magnet which securely grips metal items such as scissors, pins, needles, rippers, rotary cutters, blades, etc. Attach the bar to the wall most convenient for you & your tools will always be accessible. Mounting hardware is included.


Texture Magic is another cool item out by Superior Threads. Sew Texture Magic to the back of your fabric, apply steam, & the fabric will magically shrink 30% in all directions, creating a beautiful textured effect. The fabric cannot be ironed afterwards....but who would want to do that? I had a beautiful blouse made out of a silky fabric and had these bumps....I wonder if it was Texture Magic? I'm going to be adding it to my store soon. I just need a few more hours in the day. If you have made anything using Texture Magic could you please send me some pictures?

Did you know that when you take your thread out of your machine that you are supposed to cut the thread at the top and pull it out of the bottom of the needle? Apparently it is incorrect to pull your threads back through your machine because it can effect the tension. I learned this from the Bernina booth at Quilt Market. Very interesting!!!

Checker is having an After Market show on Friday for all the folks who were unable to attend Quilt Market in Pittsburgh. I went but I'm going on Friday too. They are going to have some demonstrations going on and I want to see more of those Creative Grid Rulers. I have found that every time I see a tool demonstrated that I learn so much that I did not know previously.
On another note, tomorrow is Aaron's last day of Kindergarten.....I can't believe it. I'm going to have him stand in the same places that he did on his first day of Kindergarten so I'll have the "before and after" shots in his album. Zach finished pre-school a week ago. He will be going to Kindergarten in September. Amazing to watch them grow and change.
Smiles,
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. I knew that about the thread. Of course I don't always follow the rule though.
    I too have been waiting to find just the right project for using the texture magic. Maybe some crazy quilt squares? Darn! I could have used it on some of the appliques for the "What did the cat eat?" quilt I am working on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to have to get that MagPro. what a handy gadget to have. thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...