Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Slashed Squares and Bias Tape Maker by Simplicity

This is a block from Lynne's blog posted in July 2008. I saw this block way back then and saved the site in my favorites file. Can you believe I remembered it was there? Now that is good considering I don't remember what I did yesterday :)

I recieved permission from Lynne to post about her beautiful quilt. She has a great tutorial as well. A little about Lynne:

My name is Lynne and I live in New England in the USA. I've been sewing
since 5th grade and making quilts since college. I love working with
abstract shapes and color. I love strip piecing. I'm trained as an artist,
and I love the graphic quality of quilts. I'd rather take the time to make
something beautiful than buy something ugly. My companion is my tuxedo cat,
Millie, who has her own blog at darlingmillie.blogspot.com.


Left over fabrics from finished projects would be great with this pattern too. I was thinking about this in a miniature wall hanging using some fabrics I have left over from my circles quilt. I never know what to do with those left over blocks. This would be a great wall hanging and a nice reminder of the larger piece I have made.

Just an fyi, the Bias Tape Maker Machine by Simplicity is now available for 69.99 . I guess there was some question as to weather they are now in....and they are. The Rotary Cutting Machine by Simplicity is also available. It will cut strips from 3/8 inch to 2 3/4 inches.
Have a wonderful Saturday!!
Kelly

1 comment:

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...