Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

DON'T MISS THE QUILTERS CHRISTMAS PARTY

Today is the big Quilters Christmas Party Day 
hosted by SewCalGal.

Parties are so much fun....and you just never know who will be showing up or how good the entertainment will be.  One thing I do know for sure....SewCalGal pulls out all the stops and provides plenty of fun for everyone.

Since it is a virtual party....I figured it would be fun to invite some totally cool people to entertain during the party.  I'd like to introduce you to some of my favorite people in the quilting world.  These folks really do know how to have fun and party, party, party!  So without further ado....I'd like to introduce you to Lady Eleanor (Quilt In A Day) Julie Herman (Jaybird Quilts), Gene Black (Alabama Artist and Quilter), Ricky Tims (Musician and Quilter)  and Alex Veronelli (Aurifil Threads)





You know it is so much easier to get forgiveness that it is permission....so I didn't ask any of these amazing people if they'd like to dance today....I just figured they are so much fun they would accept my invitation to dance like no one is watching :)

The party is to benefit Operation Homefront.  I had heard about Operation Homefront but I had never seriously considered making a donation until SewCalGal shared more information  about the program.  Operation Homefront  provides emergency financial and other assistance to the families of our service members and wounded warriors.  I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to have an injured family come home from a tour of service....not to mention falling into need.  Lets show those who have served to protect us some love and compassion by helping...... TODAY!

Quilters are givers and we are asked for quilts, fabric, time and money all the time because typically we are loving people who want others to know they are loved and important.  It is a pleasure when I share and help another person.....I often feel selfish because I feel so good after I know I've helped another human feel cared about and important.  I'm guessing all of you have families, friends, and guild members that you give to during the holidays and you are probably feeling a bit stretched.  I'm going to encourage you to stretch a little or a lot more.... 

IHAN has already donated lots of fun things for the party today....but I'm also going to give one of my favorite tools away today too....just because I love to see people smile.

I'll give one Hands Free 6 LED Beam N Read Lights....yes...one of my very favorite tools....to one lucky winner that will be drawn from the list of those who donate today through SewCalGal's Blog.  ALL Money is good money....so please don't think...well 2 bucks isn't enough....everyone's 2 bucks adds up!!

If you are anything like me...you don't want your name posted to a blog saying you donated.....so I'm going to ask SewCalGal to just draw from her list for the winner of the IHAN  Beam N Read Light Giveaway.

Now go over and see what all the fun is about and hit all the other blogs that have joined in the celebration!

Smiles of Gratitude,
Kelly

 


12 comments:

  1. Hmmmm... I suppose I will forgive you. But honestly, I don't think I would ever kick Ricky Tims in the keister. I have to say I laughed at this!
    Prost! ("cheers" in German!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of you Kelly, and as for the dancers, I could see them all doing the dance. They were great, but where were you in that line??

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so nice of you to donate a basket to the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recognized everyone but Julie, is she still speaking to you? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your great humor and for all you did to help make this party a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute video!

    Thank you to all you do for the quilting community! and for all you did to help this cause!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute Kelly. Loved seeing such talent on the dance floor! Very sexy legs. I have always admired these quilters for their quilting talent, but now I realize I need to take dance lessons from them too!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for donating the wonderful Beam N Read light for another raffle prize!

      SewCalGal

      Delete
  8. The video is so fun! Thanks for the donation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a crack up - thanks! I've donated - a great project for certain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That put a smile on my face. I've made my donation and thank you for adding this to the raffle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...