Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Shhhhh, can you hear that?


Me either.......soooo quite. Too quiet. Much toooooo quiet. Aaron and Zach are with Grandma and Auntie for two days. Where am I? Home with tears in my eyes missing them. Last night I missed Zach saying he needs water or listening to him talk in his sleep. I missed the fight with Aaron about going to bed. This morning....silence in the house. I actually felt like I was doing something wrong by sleeping in. "Mommy I want my waffle cut in pennies (his own creation)" and "I don't have to go to the bathroom".....all being given to Auntie and Grandma today.


This says it all.....channeling my inner Mommy!!
I am going to muster all the strength in my spirit and re-organize my sewing area and do some chores. I got some free Iris last night. They were nicely labeled in boxes last night on the roadside. How nice is that? They even went as far as to take a sharpie and write the type of Iris they are on the leaf. And as if that was not nice enough....there were printed pages on how to care for Iris. Talk about generous.....I took several.....and now they need to be planted :)
No sewing talk for now....just speeding around the house trying to get everything done before tomorrow when my monkeys return.
Tearful Smiles,
Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly, can I relate. It is so quiet when everyone is gone. But then I think, wow, I can get so much done. But then I am sad because there isn't anyone here to do it with. I am not going to be a very good empty nester :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoe was on the other foot for me. I was grandma with three of the grand kids for over a month. Talk about a change in life as we know it. I loved having them visit. Even if I didn't get anything accomplished. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one Mom to another - channel, channel....and trust me, the empty nest syndrome is WONDERFUL!!!! Then they are your FRIENDS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the quiet moment. There are too few of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...