Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Quilted In Honor Project


Do you remember Caleb Willis from Island Batik?  If you are a long time follower of the IHAN® blog you may remember THIS POST.  What a day I had at Island Batik....definitely on the top of my list of excellent days!    Caleb is the President and CEO of Island Batik and from one President and CEO (ROFL) to another, I think we hit it off.  I was most impressed that he didn't throw me out when he found me napping in the heavenly batik fabrics.

Very Presidential of me isn't it?  Now you know why I'll never be invited to the White House!
Caleb had an excellent idea to help veterans after hearing stories from family and friends who had returned from the Service.  He was committed to helping but wasn't sure if one company could do enough to make a difference.   Caleb  knew the wonderful spirit of the quilting industry and he approached some other fantastic people (see list of other sponsors here)  and shared his idea.  That is how  Quilted In Honor  was "born".  Now Island Batik helps to raise funds and awareness along with Operation Homefront
How many of you know about Operation Homefront?  I didn't really know much until SewCalGal hosted a fundraiser for them last year.  Once I began learning more about what Operation Homefront does, I decided to hop on board and I contributed to SewCalGal's fundraising efforts.  For those of you who don't know, Operation Homefront provides assistance to military families in their times of need.  Can you imagine serving your country, being away from your family and possibly being in combat only to arrive home and find yourself  having difficult times?  I see it as a project where we can help support those who have  given their time, energy and many times their lives by serving in the US Military.

Caleb Willis, Adam Jennings Medically Retired from the US Marine Corps. and  "Lady Eleanor"
Photo Credits Click Here

Lady Eleanor presented Adam Jennings with a quilt that she designed..  I don't think anyone was surprised to see that Lady Eleanor was involved...she is one kind, sweet and amazing Lady.

There are so many ways you can get involved.  Here are few ideas to consider:

You can purchase Quilted In Honor products and a portion of the sales price will go to Military Families being supported by Operation Homefront.
 If you purchase the Aurifil Quilted In Honor Thread Collections from IHAN® 90% or $54.00 of the profit will be donated back to Operation Homefront.

Make and donate a quilt.  There are several free patterns on the Island Batik website.  Just CLICK HERE to see them.   

If you want more ideas about how you can get involved with Operation Homefront, you can CLICK HERE. 
That is how Caleb's great idea turned into the Quilted In Honor project. Given Quilters are some of the very best people I've ever met in my life...none of this is surprising.....it is Wonderful though isn't it?

Smiles,
Kelly

4 comments:

  1. What a great project. And so wonderful that IHAN is helping too! 90% donation to Operation Homefront is so very generous. I'm definitely going to have to buy a set of that yummy Aurifil thread from IHAN and get some of that beautiful Patriotic fabric by Island Batik too!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the perfect thing to share with quilters on the day to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A simple way to thank those we can't thank enough. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful purpose...and wonderful batiks...did you happen to slip some under your shirt when you were taking a nap?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...