Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Thursday, February 18, 2016

It would be nice to drop a fat quarter

I'm not talking about giving away fabric....although I've recently given tons away....I'm referring to the "mo-jo breaks" I've been taking during my sewing.

Here are some of my favorites:
Uptown Funk
Double Dutch Bus
Brick House

After these three I was quickly reminded why I have refrained from busting a move in the last few years.....my left ankle was hurting big time.  Chronic pain is a very ugly reality not only in my life but in the lives of so many of the people I know.  No fun!

My broken ankle was the biggest reason I slowed my blogging and then stopped all together.  I'll share more about that soon.

After taking a long break from sewing I finished two projects in one week....can I get a high five....just one will do you can stop all the party dancing now...LOL.

This is the wall hanging I made for George, Mary Jane's brother.  He is in a nursing home recuperating and I thought it would add some color to his room.
 This is a cheater panel that I picked up from our guilds free table. (Thank you Barb for donating it :)

 I just stitched the outlines...simple.


The other project I finished is a tote bag for Cloe, a gal we are going to visit in France soon.



This is a lined tote bag and I don't like it when the lining goes up to the top so I stitched the outer fabric to the top of the lining fabric.


I did this because I don't like it when the lining fabric shows at the top of the tote.

Naturally my rotary blade was dull and this was denim fabric....so I had to pull out my handy rotary blade sharpener.
This is the only sharpener I have found to really work on my rotary blades.  If you don't have one and need one....you can find it by clicking HERE.  Since blades are expensive I do my best to sharpen and reuse the ones I have before purchasing new blades.


Hope your day is a dandy one!

Smiles,


6 comments:

  1. You're going to France? Wow! How fun is that! So sorry you are still in pain after your ankle break. I hope you can get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. I agree with you on the lining fabric showing. While in France you should definitely have some escargot ---but don't ask for ketchup to go on it,please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. France? I was just there last night in my sleep. No, really.

    Keep dancing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kelly, what happened to your ankle! Better stop busting moves, girl. I LOVE that little wallhanging. And you're going to France??? Cloe's bag is wonderful, but France! Without me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not cheating by using a shortcut panel.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...