Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Where in the World...day 4

Since I was out carousing late last night...I didn't get a chance to tell you the rest of the story about Day 3...so...here goes :)

As SewCalGal was driving about,  we spotted some quilt blocks on a building....so the car came to a halt and it would not start.  She got out to check the alternator....and I laid down on the curb.
Ya just never know where you'll find my baggy woman self...laying on curbs in Southern California :)

A person can't be in Southern California and not stop at Quilt In A Day....that would be sacrilege!!  I was hoping to find Lady Eleanor and congratulate her on her recent induction in the the Quilters Hall of Fame.  It was a good thing we didn't stop for the flowers I was planning to give her as she was out and about.

I didn't waste any time crying....I figured while the boss was away....a very large mouse would play :)

 This equipment looked impressive ....I don't have anything like that in my sewing area : (
 I figured this must be the Lady Eleanor Studio.....where lots of wonderful films have been made. 
The chances of me ever being invited to speak on any Quilting Program is slim to absolutely none.  Therefore, I wasn't letting any grass grow under my feet.  I sat right down and pretended, just for a moment, that I was there watching Lady Eleanor taping a program.  ( I was on my best behavior too!!!  See me sitting like a good girl?)

Returning to the Quilt In A Day store I saw this bookshelf....and entire book shelf filled with Quilt in a Day books....can you even imagine?  I had goose bumps.

Check out these quilts.......






 I hope that building is insured for a bazillion dollars...that's all I have to say!

I did sneak into Lady Eleanor's classroom too.....

This is the most impressive class room that I have ever seen.  Check out the wonderful tables and chairs.  If I lived anywhere within a few hundred miles of here, I'd be taking classes there for sure.  I might even be one of those annoying people who would never leave...LOL.

Oh...and look what I saw sitting on a table...Julie Herman's (Jaybird Quilts) new book, Skip the Borders.  If I had been anywhere other than Lady Eleanor's store....I would have definitely stolen that book to give away :)  The jury of my peers would have allowed my prosecution because you never take anything from a Lady.

Besides...this was hanging on the wall and every time I moved around...the eyes looked like they were following me.  (Impressive security at QIAD!)

When I get back to IHAN® Headquarters I'm sure I'll find a fun Quilt In A Day prize to give away for those who leave a comment on this post.

Very Happy Smiles,
Kelly

PS....I almost forgot to tell you....while at Quilt In A Day I saw lots of beautiful fabrics (yes I bought some) and there is also a great sale going on....so just in case you are looking to purchase some lovely fabric from a lovely woman...I suggest you CLICK HERE :)

33 comments:

  1. What a wonderful shop...
    Looks like you are having a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was very entertaining -- I'll bet it's fun to hang out with you and your great sense of humor! Loved the photos too. That star quilt with the yellow background is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh now that looks like fun... Did a whole bunch of creativity just jump into your head?????? I would find that space inspiring...Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cut my quilting teeth on Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day patterns!! Lucky, lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your story is so much fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. More fun! Love seeing all the quilts. What's next on the agenda?

    ReplyDelete
  7. sew, what a bunch of fun! great post, entertaining adventure. love the quilt displays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you should have put your hat on the ground beside you, might have earned some extra cash for buying fabric. Loved the post...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way back in 2005, my LQS had a block of the month with Eleanor's Egg Money Quilts. I did 11 of the blocks, and still haven't done the 12th block. Gonna have to finish that last block one of these days and finish that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sooooooooooooooo very jealous, I just adore Lady Elanor. I also would like to let you know the blog comes thru in newsletter format and the only way I can read the blog is to click on

    http://ihaveanotion.blogspot.com/2012/08/where-in-worldday-4.html

    at the very bottom of the newsletter. This is also the way I always received it and did not know enough to click on the link at the very bottom of the page.

    Judy
    judyquiltz@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun!
    Thanks for taking us along on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the sneaky peek at Eleanor's office! That's hilarious that you snuck around AND took incriminating pictures of yourself doing so. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the tour of QIAD! I wonder if people passing you on the road say "look at that kooky woman in the orange shirt!". I'm sure you would be pleased if they do :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sure wish I was with you Kelly. One of these days I would like to get to southern CA to see her shop. Took a demo class from her when she first started, way back when. LOL

    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see I need to go on trips with you. Oh the fun we would have, but oh the trouble we could get into. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You sure are entertaining...I've enjoyed tagging along on this trip withyou!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You sure are entertaining...I've enjoyed tagging along on this trip withyou!

    ReplyDelete
  18. One of the first quilts I ever made was one of her's. It took me more than a day but it was fun. I have been in her shop in Paducah and it feels like walking on hallow ground.LOL Looks like you are having a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So jealous!!!! Man I love that Scottie quilt...all of them really, but especially the Scotties!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute post Kelly. Just delightful. You'll have to come back when Eleanor is filming. Always fun. Plus, she has some amazing trunk shows too!

    I certainly had a fun time visiting with you, just wish El had been their too!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. What fun you must be having! Too much fun, if you ask me!!! You must be a great travel partner!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to visit Eleanor's studio some day. I am looking forward to seeing her at Road to Calif next year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had no idea QIAD was in SoCal. I grew up there and go to visit my mom a couple times a year! I know what we are doing on my next visit!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OOOH, what a fun day! Thanx for the peek behind the scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I knew where you were just from the 1st picture!!! Of course I've been there!!! Used to live nearby!!! and passed it nearly everyday on my way to/from work. Hope you and the co-workers are all having a So Cal blast. I'd say I'm missing the weather, but its the same over here.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Kelly, that classroom is fantastic. What a treat :) Hope you are having a great break. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am travelling with you through this blog. Love the quilts. Just a shame that there were no flamingos!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Can you see how green my gills are? Oh geez, if only you'd been allowed another suitcase, surely I could have come along for the ride! What FUN!!! Nuthin' like that down here - just geckos & frogs & us chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a cute post! I love how good you are being - as you sit in the chair. I'm about 4 hours from there and I really should go check out her store.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm really enjoying your posts. I would love to go Eleanor's quilt shop and see her studio. It looks like you are having a lot of fun. I can't wait to see what you do next. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my, oh my. I am so jealous of your adventures. I'll have to plan a trip to the west coast some day so that I can visit there myself.

    ReplyDelete
  32. It would be a dream if I could visit there some day!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for taking me to Eleanor's studio. I probably won't get the chance to get there on my own, so you are a real pal for taking me along. I owe you big time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...