Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Simplicity Creative Group and Mimi Shimp

Checker 61st Anniversary Open House
Chapter One: Mimi Shimp from Simplicity Creative Group
Mimi was demonstrating the Bias Tape Maker Machine and the Rotary Cutting Machine by Simplicity. My first picture is proof that the tips are in!!!! I heard from two sources that I should have mine in a week. That is the good/Great news. The not so good news....for me anyway....is that they are releasing them in two phases. The first phase will be the 3/8" Single Fold Tip, 1/2' Single Fold Tip and the 3/4" Single Fold Tip. The second phase will be the 1 1/4" Single Fold, 2 1/4" Quilt Binding Tip and the 2 1/2" Quilt Binding Tip. The last three are due out in the Fall of 09. With Quilt Market being Oct. 10-12th....I'm guessing that is what they mean...but again....that is just my guess.


Feel the excitement? I asked someone to fake a heart attack so I could grab the tips and run....but they would not cooperate. Uncooperative people stink!!!


Pictures of the tips and their release times.

Replacement Rotary Cutting Blades
for the Simplicity Rotary Cutting Machine

A little birdie told me there will be a 12 x 16" table made of ABS (white plastic for us non-engineering folks) to go with the Rotary Cutting Machine by Simplicity. That is due out in late Fall. I'm guessing Late Fall translates to Holiday time. I'll keep my eyes peeled. Guess I need a spy in China looking in that factory. Anyone reading have a family member or friend living close to the manufacturers for Simplicity in China? Please let me know....I'll send them a pair of high powered binoculars to see inside the windows. Everyone needs a spy....or several spy's right?
EZ Jelly Roll Ruler by Simplicity

I think this was pretty smart of Kimberly Einmo to design a ruler for Simplicity that goes with all the pre-cut fabrics being distributed today. It makes cutting jelly rolls, layer cakes, honey buns, crescent rolls....everything but my belly roll .....a bit more simple. Kimberly will have a book out in January through AQS. I'll keep my eyes open for that one too.
Simpli-EZ Double Wedding Ring Ruler
This ruler set was designed by Darlene Zimmerman for Simplicity. I have never made a Double Wedding Ring Quilt (even though my daughter just got married in July...shame on me). I have always thought they were too difficult and I just did not want to get in that deep without having Mary Jane attached to my hip. This ruler may have just set Mary Jane free....possibly....but not for long....I always need Mary Jane for lots of other trouble.
I took lots of photos so you could see the process. I hope the photos show how the steps for cutting the fabrics are made a bit more manageable. It certainly seemed to me to be less complicated using this process.






Thank you Mimi for showing me how this ruler worked. I loved chatting with you and learning so much. I appreciate you caring about my customers and answering all my questions....and trying a few of my ideas.

Sew U See, it can be done. That is copy written by the way.....don't ya just love my phrases?
I had a lot of fun yesterday and learned quite a bit. I'll be publishing more chapters soon. My in-laws are here and I have already been away long enough.
Simple Smiles (I could not avoid that...even though it is korney),
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. That is alot of information.....will have to come back and glean over it again when I have more time...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...