Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Roc-lon Contest..... Are You In?

Need some excitement and fun in your life? I have cooked up a fun contest for every quilter, stitcher, artist and crafter. Everyone is being personally challenging to participate.

What you make is up to you. The only catch? You must use
Roc-Lon Multi-Purpose Cloth and the size is limited to 8 1/2" x 11".

(Photo taken at Quilt Market May 2009 by Kelly Jackson)

Roc-Lon Multi-Purpose Cloth is ideal for painting, sewing, machine embroidery, decoupage, and more. Roc-Lon Multi-Purpose Cloth is reversible, does not fray or curl, is durable, lays flat, holds its shape, does not require primer or gesso, accepts fabric glue/tape, can be sewn or hold punched, and can be cut using household scissors!

Each person who enters the contest will receive the 8 1/2" x 11" piece of cloth for your creation(it will be mailed to you on 8/18/09). You will have until Friday, September 4th at 9AM to send me a photo or photos of your finished work.

Please don't allow the photos I have posted here to limit your creativity. What ever you create with the cloth (8 1/2" x 11") is your expression of creativity. I just took these photos at Quilt Market and thought you would like to see what other folks have done with Multi-Purpose cloth.

The winner will be selected by Rockland Industries, Kelly Jackson and by votes posted in the comment section of this blog. The winners work will be displayed by Rockland Industries at International Quilt Market in Houston & CHA in Anaheim and will be returned to the winner in Feb.

What will you win?

5 yards of 54" Roc-Lon Multi-Purpose Cloth (a $38.60 value), 3 yards of 107/108" Roc-Lon Star Pattern Cheater Cloth, 2 yards 44/45" Roc-Lon Light Tea-dyed Muslin, and 2 yds Roc-Lon 108" Solid Brown - 100% Cotton, and a Surprise Gift Package from
www.IHaveA-Notion.com

Sound exciting?

E-mail your name, phone number and address to IHaveANotion@yahoo.com All e-mail commitment entries must be received by Sunday Aug. 16th at midnight. It is important to make your commitment so the cloth can be sent to you.

I got interested in the Multi-Purpose cloth after seeing this floor cloth at Quilt Market.


Floorquilts by Ellen Highsmith Silver

I thought making floor cloths for gifts would be an excellent way to use lots of my scraps. I also thought my kids would love making placemats too.

Again...if I have not been totally clear....I don't expect you to use these examples as a jumping off point for you. I just thought I would share how and why I got excited about the Multi-Purpose cloth.

I expect my e-mail to be completely full when I check it!!! Please invite/challenge all of your creative friends to join in the contest.

Excited Smiles,

Kelly

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! I'm also going to e-mail you about the contest, sounds right up my alley - no matter that I've never seen the fabric before, lol! Come visit again soon! Oh! and I've added you to my blog roll, too! Blessings, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly this sounds so interesting. I wonder if this fabirc holds up well in a porch area? I would love to make something to hang in my porch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly,
    I would like to participate in this challenge...is it okay to post this challenge to my blog....I'll go back and see if you have a button that I can post to my blog that will bring visitors right to your blog to sign up....
    hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a fun challenge, wish I wasn't already committed for the market with punch designs. I hope you will share the photos of the entries, would love to see what others come up with.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a very cool product. I've made floor cloths before and had trouble getting them to lay flat. I will be emailing you for the contest! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. now this has me very intrigued,I will be interested too see what people make with it,cheers Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...