Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pine Needles Home of McKenna Ryan's Quilt Designs

Checker 61st Anniversary Open House - Chapter 3
McKenna Ryan (Pine Needles) and her daughter were at Checker's Open House on Monday. I had no idea I had already made on of her patterns. Fish Tales is my first picture applique wall hanging. I love fish so when I saw this pattern I just had to make one for myself.

These designs appear to be difficult to make at first glance. McKenna has made an easy to follow tutorial to show how to cut and place each piece. I took photos of each step to share with you. I hope you enjoy seeing the tutorial....cuz it took me a long time to re-size the photos and upload them :)

Back On The Farm Set




This is The Applique Pressing Sheet. She puts it over the pattern so you can see through it to place your pieces by the number on them. Then you press them down and they do not stick to the applique sheet.


McKenna has some Beautiful threads out through YLI. She told me she generally uses Invisible Nylon Thread from Sew Art International (1500 yds .004mm) when she stitches the applique in place. I'm going to get some and try it in my Bernina. I've always had a hard time getting it to work in my machine....I'm willing to give it another try :)



These are just a tiny sample of what Pine Needles offers. I will be adding more McKenna Ryan patterns to my store.....soon....just need a few more minutes in each day :) If there is a particular pattern you would like and I don't have it on the I Have A Notion website, you can just e-mail me and I'll get it on there.

Smiles,

Kelly

6 comments:

  1. That quilt is amazing and thanks again for the tutorial....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tutorial. I have made Storybook Farm, which I loved. McKenna does such brilliant designs. She will be coming to a store near me in December I believe so cant wait to see her work for real.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the close up of her quilting. No one ever does that and you often wonder how it's done.

    If you try the thread, use a thin needle so you don't get holes. I like a size 60 or 70.

    If you don't have a thread stand, get one as it will help with the tension on the thread. Don't be afraid of invisible thread!

    I have always wanted to do one of her patterns. I just haven't had a chance or the ability to get similar fabrics that would work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her designs. I've wanted to make one of her BOMs but it's hard to find the time to commit to it. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her designs. I've wanted to make one of her BOMs but have been finding it difficult to find the time for the commitment. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...