Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Friday, August 7, 2009

My First Quilt "Many Hands"

This is my first quilt. I took a sampler class in Columbia, South Carolina. I chose the fabric completely based on one element and built the other pieces around it. This tiny elephant. I love elephants and I saw the little elephant and began gathering other fabrics that coordinated. Since it was my first quilt I had no idea you might consider making a quilt in colors that go with other things in your home. This matches nothing :)



Beautiful hand quilting, ay?

I titled this piece "Many Hands" because so many people were involved in the making of this quilt. Each of my step-daughters, my husband, my 15 year old half sister (now 22) and I all selected one of the blocks and decided which fabrics would go where. I pieced all of the blocks by machine. It went into a box until I moved to PA. Then it came out and many other hands got involved. Katie Mader, from Needles Quilt Shop in Wellsboro, PA taught me how to bind a quilt. Pat Loux helped me decide how to piece the backing. Lastly, Mary Jane Ehlich hand quilted it for me as a gift. If it takes a town to raise a child....it takes a few states and many hands to make a quilt :)
Smiles,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. I like your first quilt. I still have my first one and have hung it on a wall in my house to remind me of how hard it was and how much I'm grown since then. Even if it is full of mistakes. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...