Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Penny Haren and Creative Grids Rulers

Checker 61st Anniversary Open House Chapter 2
Good Morning...and evening to everyone on the other side of the globe :) I can't believe how much I saw in just one day. I think I better write several posts while everyone is still sleeping. Aaron's goes to First Grade today!!! Zach starts Kindergarten Monday!!! So many exciting things happening....but back to the topic right?
Penny Haren was there showing and signing her most recent book, Pieced Applique Weekend Projects. Penny designed the Square It Up and Fussy Cut Rulers for Creative Grids. I really like the rulers Penny has designed because they make getting the exact repeat in fabric you want so easy. After watching Penny demonstrate her rulers at the last show, I came home and ordered some for myself. That is a big compliment in my book.....I see lots of notions and accessories....but I typically don't come home and start ordering for myself.

Creative Grids 6 1/2in Triangle Square It Up Or Fussy Cut Ruler

Penny's takes the mystery out of making intricate blocks. She starts with basic foundations blocks and turns them into eye popping blocks. The one I really loved is the red and green block with the yo-yo's around the outside. It actually looks like someone has a light shining on it.

I "borrowed" this photo of Penny because it is "perfect." The fans were blowing Penny's hair every which way when I was taking her picture. Now....to make a silly point....do you think Penny looks any better "perfect" than she does "in the moment?" Me either...Penny your spirit and joy in what you are doing shows through even when your hair is blowing every which way and your lipstick has worn off.

Smiles,
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Your assistants are off to school? How will you manage without them? My kids are 11 and 13 but I remember well the kindergarten/first grade years. Seems like it was just yesterday, and then again it seems eons ago. Enjoy your day :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still enjoying your photos...and information.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...