Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ellen Highsmith Silver & De Ja Vu

"Wildlife" by Ellen Highsmith Silver

Today I was surfing the Internet and De Ja Vu hit when I was reading this from the Fab Shop News website. I knew I recognized the quilt in the picture but could not recall from where.

I had recently visited Ellen Highsmith Silver's website when I was bloging about "FloorQuilts" and I saw her quilt, "Wildlife." I flipped back to her site and sure enough....it was her quilt. Guess I'm not going crazy after all!!! Ellen does amazing applique and this quilt is beautiful.
If anyone is headed to New York or lives near this exhibition might be lost of fun to see. It is scheduled to run Sept. 22 through Nov. 14th at the Williams Club (24 East 39th Street). According to the FabShopNewsNotes there will be 63 quilts hanging in most of the public spaces on the first two floors and in the basement. You can see the quilts everyday (M-Sunday) from 8am to 8 pm. The exhibition is being organized by the City Quilter.
If you go let me know....I'd like to see some photos. I don't think I'll get there....but ya just never know :)
Smiles,
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Now, that's a lot of birds ... wonderful birds ... wonderful quilt!

    I'm honored that my blog is listed in your sidebar as a "fun place to visit". Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful quilt :) Congratulations to Ellen !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Quilt. Congratulations to Ellen ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...