Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Master At Work

More photos from my trip to PA

I just had to share these quilts with all of you.  I'm not sure I have words that even come close to describing this quilt (or many of the others made by the mystery woman-to be identified later :)



It is spread out on the bed to try to get some of the wrinkles out so you can see the designs better.






Impressive isn't it?  Now what would you say if I told you it is 100% needle turn applique?  Every one of those pieces cut out by hand?  Yep, I thought that is what you would think....I was thinking the same thing!  Do you think it will be machine or hand quilted?
And this is another one that just so happened to be finished of recent.  Yes, 100% needle turn applique and hand quilted.  Machine quilting would do no justice to  works of art like these.


Needle rocked quilting....by hand....the entire quilt.

And here is the "Queen of Needle Turn Applique and Hand Quilting" my dear friend, MJ!!  If you are going to learn something, ya might just as well learn from the best ay?

Fortunate Smiles,
Kelly

19 comments:

  1. Wow she is really good (and patient!)
    Beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty amazing. So how soon will you be turning out YOUR version of that quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful quilts and beautiful work. I wish I had MJ's patience and skill (and attention span).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking she is my HERO! I am working on my first applique pattern (Floribunda), and quite happily doing the whole thing by hand.. okay I don't have a sewing machine that works.. but still, this work is truly inspiring. I LOVE what I see. Each and every block is Ooooh La Laa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is totally awesome...so amazing what talents people have and the masterpieces they produce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful work. I aspire to make just one quilt like that in my lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She does beautiful work and hand quilting.
    I actually do needle turn better than I machine applique, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I'm speechless... for once...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What Lois G. said. . .

    I'm speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly beautiful and wonderful..to me handwork is so meaningful and powerful...this will still awe people years into the future as they contemplate the work and committment of the maker!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful picture of the expert and such a wonderful and patient teacher.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, beautiful quilts. I have wanted to learn needle turned applique, but I couldn't live long enough to be that good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my - she is truly a master quilter - these are works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  14. totally drop dead gorgeous! I'm in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely gorgeous!! I want to do some applique, but I need to get my courage up. Soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a friend you are, everyone needs someone to build them up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...