Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Big O Blog World (BOB World)

It used to be that you knew everyone in your town and if someone needed something everyone pitched in if they could. Now we live so far away from our families and friends I have managed to connect with people all over the world and now my community is global. I'm sure this is true for all of you as well.
So when the Tsunami hit American Samoa it became real for me. I know someone who lives there now, Barb from Bejeweled Quilts by Barb Blog. So instead of it being another disaster on television it became very real for us. Once I heard that Barb was safe I felt some relief.

I went through the house looking for things to put into boxes to send for the children and families. I brought up a video of the Tsunami in American Samoa for my boys to see so they would understand why these little children needed some of their things.

Zach wanted to decorate a card for them.
I could not help but notice how a 5 year old communicates I'm sorry you are sad. He first draws a frowning face then a smiling one. I think he communicated his message very well...and oh so precious too.
Barb said to send priority flat rate boxes. It cost us only 1/2 as much to ship these as it would have been to ship in our own boxes. Great idea Barb.

Grateful Smiles, Kelly

2 comments:

  1. What all do they want? Household items, clothing, toiletries, etc....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's an address to send things to?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...